• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

zewill

Reaction score
Yes. Just asked about it in store last week and they said that Jort line is done.
That is terrible news for us the customer. Never understood who that Jort dude was (apart from the fact he was a controversial Dutch journalist), he did look quite cringeworthy in some ads.
However, I understand they stop the collection from the Suitsupply stand point : who was spending 1000$ +cad for the jort line ? I always saw them on the outlet (where I grabbed them). Happy to have done so now that I learned this. Found them the best fitting for the whole susu collection, less taper than regular collection on the pants, and obviously the full canvas was a plus. At 320$ and 500$ for a 3 piece on outlets, premium materials, they were a no brainer (yes some pieces were a bit show off and hard to pull off for the regular customer).
A big shame if they do stop that line. My wardrobe is loaded anyways :D
That does leave a void for the premium collection at Suitsupply, I still believe they ought to have pieces for when a customer asks for the best of the best. I guess they can always redirect to their full canvass pieces.

Kimistry

Reaction score
Good you managed to have it. Customer service is great and very accomodating. You do realise it's not because an item is in stock on the regular website that it's destined to the outlet... Suitsupply however understands that customer is king!
Perhaps my summary was unclear, but I purchased the item when it was in the outlet and not in the regular site. In fact, I got in on the outlet earlier than most (including folks here) for whatever reason, maybe because I purchase so much from them. But despite buying the item early, I got the notice later that they ran out of stock. It wouldn’t have been an issue for me if it didn’t show up in the regular site as in stock all of a sudden. So it just felt disingenuous. But in any case they resolved the situation for me!

compuccesory

Reaction score
Perhaps my summary was unclear, but I purchased the item when it was in the outlet and not in the regular site. In fact, I got in on the outlet earlier than most (including folks here) for whatever reason, maybe because I purchase so much from them. But despite buying the item early, I got the notice later that they ran out of stock. It wouldn’t have been an issue for me if it didn’t show up in the regular site as in stock all of a sudden. So it just felt disingenuous. But in any case they resolved the situation for me!
I had the same situation happen to me, but it worked out in my favor in a different way. I rushed my order through during the outlet but changed my mind on a couple of them. I tried contacting CS to see if I could cancel, since they hadn't shipped, but was informed that all outlet sales were final - fair enough, they did say that up front so I'll live with it. However later on one of the items was actually cancelled because it was "out of stock". Eh, OK, guess I got lucky, but the weird thing is that the item later on turned up in the outlet again - when I first purchased it, it had gone out of stock. I thought at first that maybe Suitsupply CS had done me a solid and given me a back-door cancellation, and in any case I've always been pretty happy with them so cool, but if it's happening to other people then I guess it was probably a mistake.

zewill

Reaction score
During the April sale they botched up their orders and so many things were doubled ordered and had to be cancelled. They definitely corrected the issue this time round (had 0 cancellations this time in Dec 2020, yet had 5 out of 10 during April 2020). I guess handing out gift cards as a way to apologize ended up costing them quite a bit :p

themasao

Reaction score
That is terrible news for us the customer. Never understood who that Jort dude was (apart from the fact he was a controversial Dutch journalist), he did look quite cringeworthy in some ads.
However, I understand they stop the collection from the Suitsupply stand point : who was spending 1000$ +cad for the jort line ? I always saw them on the outlet (where I grabbed them). Happy to have done so now that I learned this. Found them the best fitting for the whole susu collection, less taper than regular collection on the pants, and obviously the full canvas was a plus. At 320$ and 500$ for a 3 piece on outlets, premium materials, they were a no brainer (yes some pieces were a bit show off and hard to pull off for the regular customer).
A big shame if they do stop that line. My wardrobe is loaded anyways :D
That does leave a void for the premium collection at Suitsupply, I still believe they ought to have pieces for when a customer asks for the best of the best. I guess they can always redirect to their full canvass pieces.
I wonder if this means they will move away from having a premium line or if they will just restructure the naming/categorization.

It wasn't too long ago they took the La Spalla model and folded it into the Lazio collection. I found it confusing because I would think they would want to easily differentiate between the half-canvass, lower quality fabrics of regular Lazio and the premium fabrics/full canvas of La Spalla, but obviously the Big Wigs disagree. I also thought La Spalla was a great name but what do I know!

Seems this may be more of the same - a way of integrating their top-of-the-line options into their pre-existing framework. Time will tell.

Marccarlsson

Reaction score
Some of the new SS21 can be found through their picture files now.
This suit in particular seems interesting. Natural shoulder, wider lapels (but not "Havana Wide Lapel"-wide), 3 roll 2 buttoning, jetted pockets. Seems like a new fit if i'm not mistaken.

p6217_1.jpg

TheSupplier

Reaction score
Seen that around. Not sure about how I’m feeling about the jetted pockets but I’m leaning towards “no”

osw880

Reaction score
Some of the new SS21 can be found through their picture files now.
This suit in particular seems interesting. Natural shoulder, wider lapels (but not "Havana Wide Lapel"-wide), 3 roll 2 buttoning, jetted pockets. Seems like a new fit if i'm not mistaken.
Can you share the picture files with us?

ryanohare

Reaction score
Got 3 outlet items that don't fit if anyone wants to make me an offer?

Size 34R navy porto washed chino - https://suitsupply.com/en-us/men/trousers/navy-porto-chino/B1260.html
Size 11.5 Brown suede boot - (can't find the actual SS link but they're the same as these - https://www.ebay.com/listings/19567924-suitsupply-suede-brown-chukka-boot)
Size
Size 11.5 Brown oxfords (same as these only brown - https://suitsupply.com/en-nl/men/shoes/black-oxford/FW1101N.html)

All completely new, with tags/boxed, never worn.

I just want to get rid so make me an offer, or PM and I can send exact pics. Cheers.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite knitwear under jackets/sport coats

• Crewneck sweater

• Turtleneck sweater

• Long-sleeve polo

• Vest

• I don't like knitwear worn with jackets/sport coats

Results are only viewable after voting.