• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

STYLEFORUM DOES JAPAN

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends on what you're looking for.

If you're on a budget, I'd recommend the Tokyu Stay chain of business hotels. The rooms are small, but very clean and most come with a washing machine and small kitchenette.

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really loved the park hyatt - worth the baller charges maybe.

Park hotel (not Hyatt) is 1/3 the price and has a nice Tokyo tower view ( more conservative business dress kinda location but nearer to tsukiji iirc)

I liked sunroute shinjuku for the budget option.

Guy Burgess

Reaction score
I stayed in an air bnb in Tokyo and it was basic but in a really good location in Shibuya. The hotels are so reasonable I'd definitely do that next time though as you're (mostly) guaranteed a more comfortable bed.

Last edited:

Naka

Reaction score
If you're going for real cheap, airbnb a little further out of the city is an option too, just make sure you're close to a train line. I'm staying with some friends in Shimokitazawa in an airbnb for 6 nights, just over $200 aud.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You ask, we listen: we've got some great stuff planned for you guys. Tons of pictures, some cool interviews, and maybe some special endeavors. Attachment, Blue Blue Japan, Toyo Enterprise, and MOTO shoes are just a few of the names you can expect to read (and see) more about in the coming weeks!

How, you ask, can I stay up to date?

HERE IS HOW!!!!!111one

It's very simple. Subscribe to the #StyFoJapan tag, and never miss an update.

Well? What else would you like to see? Let us know! WE LIVE TO SERVE and to eat sushi

Sylph

Reaction score
Silks,Brocade silks, weapons, kawaii people, giant Godzilla head.
Apparently you have a couple of options for that.
http://kotaku.com/first-real-look-at-tokyos-giant-godzilla-statue-1605191528
http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...-in-tokyo-to-lure-visitors-not-to-scare-them/
Great fun, looking forward to the reports.
biggrin.gif

catchh

Reaction score
I proxy basically all my clothes from Japan, specifically for The North Face Purple label by Nanamica.

If you get a chance goto: The North Face Standard shops, Nanamica Mountain.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well, it turns out there's not much to say here - the gods of aviation smiled upon me yesterday, and I arrived in Tokyo without issue. Except for the NEX to Shibuya, when they separated the cars in the opposite manner than they announced and sent me on to Shinagawa. Thankfully, there was a man from BOULDER ******* COLORADO on board, and he offered to help me find me way. And no, it wasn't @spacepope , who I met for shabu-shabu later - along with @Rosenrot and a couple of other friends. After that we went to karaoke, and I have video footage of Gracia soloing "Fear of the Dar," by Iron Maiden, which is fairly priceless.

Other than that, I only have a couple of notes that I've taken upon arrival:

1) People here look so cool it's absurd. And wonderful.

2) I'm not THAT tall, which makes the tiny fixtures in my apartment even more absurd. Unless the original inhabitants of Tokyo were mole-people.

3) WOW it is humid.

It's morning here, so I'm of to meet @nicelynice for coffee, after which we'll head on over to Ring Jacket and try not to embarrass ourselves. Petrosaulam will come after that, followed by the wonderful Jun Hashimoto.

I hope you guys are following the @styleforum instagram account, because a lot more pictures are ending up there. Here's the one clothing shot we managed to take yesterday, though:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
i am SO. SO. SOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics