• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

STYLEFORUM DOES JAPAN

VitaTimH

Reaction score
^ Specifically, remember that Ghibli museum tickets can sell out up to a month in advance!

Goodman

Reaction score
Not to take this too off topic but having enjoyed some Yamazaki 18 over the weekend - there are some fine whiskies coming out of Japan these days - I know a tour/tasting would be high on my list for a one day excursion.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the distilleries are not located in Tokyo.

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I feel like a four day detour to Seoul would be worth it if you're already in Tokyo for a week. Maximize cultural exposure!

Thanks! This is the plan. Getting tickets tonight.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Thinking of changing my trip to have a full 2 weeks in Japan, rather than detouring to Seoul for 4 days. How much time can one reasonably spend in Tokyo?

I spent a full two weeks in Japan, most of it in Tokyo with side trips to Kyoto (awesome) and Hiroshima (eh), and it was about the perfect amount of time. We were visiting friends who were wrapping up a semester abroad there, though, so it was probably an atypical experience; we were crashing at their shared house in Nakameguro, which made it easier to just chill out if we didn't feel like doing touristy stuff.

spacepope

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HEY

So, I'm going to be in Tokyo along with Synthese. We're compiling a list of places we might go check out and write about––here are some preliminary ideas:

Attachment flagship
Lift
Hanae Mori Building (mentioned here earlier I think)
Isetan Men
Visvim Indigo Camping Trailer
Dover Street Market

Lad Musician flagship
Kind (for all you rakuten junkies out there)

Where else do you want us to go? I'll do my best to drag Synth to a maid cafe.

spacepope

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also I'm going to be in Osaka/Kyoto a little later, and might be able to check out Fascinate. It's not a sure thing though.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

Also I'm going to be in Osaka/Kyoto a little later, and might be able to check out Fascinate. It's not a sure thing though.

thanks in advance

also be sure to hit up the suntory distillery if you get to go to osaka

Last edited:

ghostface

Reaction score

when in kyoto, it is imperative that you go here: http://gallerykei.jp/index.html this is where i picked up a lot of my old japanese textiles, and they have some incredible pieces. the gallery owner (kei) is also very knowledgeable and very sweet.

Best Budz

Reaction score
Doesn't suntory make yamazaki? I'm pretty sure I had it when I toured the distillery in Kyoto. But I don't really remember. Who cares though amirite

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads