• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wilson13

Reaction score
6'2 and take a 36" sleeve. Large turtle necks from last year worked for me length-wise. There is some stretch there. I am sizing up to XL in the cable knit this year for a touch more room in the chest
Thanks. Will probably also go with XL, and can get taken in a little if necessary.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably a good choice. 44/46R here and ordered XL last year; they were fine over a long sleeve T-shirt but the cardigans which I wanted to wear over an OCBD are not big enough. I was planing on getting XXL as well this season.

Sleeves are 3" too long for me but then I'm only 5' 8".

@spiermackay Have you all considered a trouser cut above Contemporary, maybe call it Traditional? I'm finding my current contemporary pants don't drape well on me and I have to pull the legs down every time I get out of my chair or car (and this is with only a 28" inseam).

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh. Dry cleaner didn’t line up line of pleat with crease of pants. Is this common? I never try to iron pleated pants because I can’t either. I View attachment 1250991 leave it to the pros. Brown minnis from last year.

probably the best video I’ve seen on pressing pleats.

walkinginplace

Reaction score
Any know anything re: the previously promised five-pocket pants? Been holding off on buying some from another vendor as I wanted to try S&M's. However, there don't seem to have been any updates in months weeks.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh. Dry cleaner didn’t line up line of pleat with crease of pants. Is this common? I never try to iron pleated pants because I can’t either. I View attachment 1250991 leave it to the pros. Brown minnis from last year.
Christ, that's embarrassingly bad. I'd honestly suggest buying a decent iron and board and DIY'ing it. It's very easy to do, and can't possibly be any worse than that.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does this coat look with the collar popped? Does anyone have a Spier single-breasted overcoat?

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There I have it gents! I plan to only purchase max 2 F/W sportcoats this season and this one is definitely a stunner and keeper. Here's how the Moon brown herringbone looks under sunlight.

On a side note, I was under the impression that it would be Shetland wool from the web description but it turned out to be Merino. Not that I'm complaining, I'm still rocking this but in case you're wondering.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There I have it gents! I plan to only purchase max 2 F/W sportcoats this season and this one is definitely a stunner and keeper. Here's how the Moon brown herringbone looks under sunlight.

On a side note, I was under the impression that it would be Shetland wool from the web description but it turned out to be Merino. Not that I'm complaining, I'm still rocking this but in case you're wondering.

View attachment 1251247

View attachment 1251249
Just picked mine up from the tailors last night. Really like it, makes 2 so far this fall. I don't think I'm going to make my self imposed 3 jacket limit.

theedoor

Reaction score
As much as I hate spoilers, is anyone aware of the outwear thats due to be released for A/W? from instagram I know there's a parka, and from this thread a balmacaan - anything else?

Looking to pick up a new coat but want to know whats going to be released before pulling the trigger.

Also - anyone notice the peacoat shipping date being moved out a month to Nov? Could've sworn it initially said Oct 4

Last edited:

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As much as I hate spoilers, is anyone away of the outwear thats due to be released for A/W? from instagram I know there's a parka, and from this thread a balmacaan - anything else?

Looking to pick up a new coat but want to know whats going to be released before pulling the trigger.

I am also interested in what is on the near horizon for outerwear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads