• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

theedoor

Reaction score
Are you in climates where you can get away with linen in fall/winter? If so, that's my choice. I've become an almost exclusive linen wearer over the past 18 months.

Unfortunately not, I’m in Toronto so lucky in the regard that I’m close to Spiers store. But that also means +40c in summer, -30c in winter.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not so much in response to you, but my reasoning when considering a "country" suit is that Westchester's far from the city and it is a few days to August. The idea is to "disarm" and have both meetees feel comfortable with me.
As a New Yorker and someone who’s very familiar with said county, Westchester is really not that far from NYC. A city like White Plains is very NYC like as far as work buildings and men walking around in suits.

I guess it would depend where in Westchester but the county itself borders The Bronx. Not that far.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is great, I’ll look into what linen and blends they still have in stock for MTM. For A/W do you usually wear oxfords? I’ve found the adjustment from business casual to casual to be hard. Harder to find a standard “uniform”

Summer: linens and linen blend trousers with the occasional cotton dress chino. Cotton patterned button collar sports shirt or linen/linen blend shirt. Add summer tie and/or linen jacket if you feel like it.

Winter: Trousers: corduroy, moleskin or wool flannel. Cotton chinos are still fine though. Shirt; bust out those OCBDs! Sweater: lightweight v or crewneck wool. Add tie and/or tweed, moleskin, corduroy or herringbone jacket if you feel like it.

Thankfully, S&M has you covered for all these basics except for summer ties (hint, hint!)

theedoor

Reaction score
Summer: linens and linen blend trousers with the occasional cotton dress chino. Cotton patterned button collar sports shirt or linen/linen blend shirt. Add summer tie and/or linen jacket if you feel like it.

Winter: Trousers: corduroy, moleskin or wool flannel. Cotton chinos are still fine though. Shirt; bust out those OCBDs! Sweater: lightweight v or crewneck wool. Add tie and/or tweed, moleskin, corduroy or herringbone jacket if you feel like it.

Thankfully, S&M has you covered for all these basics except for summer ties (hint, hint!)

Very thankful of S&M! I’ll probably get started on my A/W oxfords with this MTM order. And hopefully Rick will give us casual guys some nice goodies this Autumn.

As a side note, it’s very unfortunate that I’m in a casual environment. Been drooling over the more formal releases from the last few months. Haven’t needed to wear a suit in ages sadly.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Very thankful of S&M! I’ll probably get started on my A/W oxfords with this MTM order. And hopefully Rick will give us casual guys some nice goodies this Autumn.

As a side note, it’s very unfortunate that I’m in a casual environment. Been drooling over the more formal releases from the last few months. Haven’t needed to wear a suit in ages sadly.

What sort of casual items are you looking for? We're looking to expand our semi-casual and casual offerings.

Wilson13

Reaction score
I still like a regular shirt tail, but might want it an inch shorter than something I usually tuck.

A straight hem works best with some combo of a fuller cut, short sleeves or a funky collar.
Awesome, thank you. It’s terrible, but I first became aware of Belgians during Bernie Madoff’s trial, where they were showing his collection as evidence. I thought they looked awesome and have been wanting a pair ever since.

Either, as long as the shirttail hem isn’t overly long. I’d wear some of my linen PRL shirts untucked, but wouldn’t wear my Brooks dress shirts untucked since they’re several inches longer.

I have all three of those suits, I’d probably opt for the navy with a white shirt/burgundy grenadine, or the charcoal with a white shirt/navy pindot.
Cool cool. All of my current un-tuckable shirts have a shorter hem, but was thinking about trying a straight hem.

Also, for fellow MTM shirt customers, part of my reasoning for the question is the flannel fabrics are on sale for $49, which with the bundle makes them $29, minus 15%...just fyi.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now that I’m off my proverbial soapbox LOL, I would wear a Navy suit with a darker tie as stated by someone else above.

theedoor

Reaction score
What sort of casual items are you looking for? We're looking to expand our semi-casual and casual offerings.

I’m probably not the best one to ask. But for me personally, it would be more casual cloths on MTM. Or a filter for what can be used for casual wear. Looking online it’s harder to discern what can be worn casually, and I don’t want to waste an hour of the guys time in store looking through each swatch lol. And your MTM is flexible enough that I can change the collar to be more casual, and trim the bottom to be worn untucked.

Having crewneck offerings for wool sweaters (even if just in the more basic colours). I’ve had a few from Uniqlo and Muji but the quality just isn’t there. Maybe a quarter zip pullover, those seemed prevalent in my office when it was chilly in May.

I think this was mentioned a few pages back, but a couple slub or knit polos would be great. Or non-pique cotton, kind like Ted Bakers offerings.

And can’t reiterate this enough, I love your business casual/formal offerings. I think the reason it’s been hard to transition to a casual office was there’s no brand that is like S&M for casual.

ULCajun

Reaction score
How does one obtain custom shirts with fabrics that aren’t listed on the site? A while back Tim posted an IG story of a book full of seersucker fabrics that made me want some shirts

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have 1-2 occasions per qtr when I need to wear a suit, other than that I just wear them when I feel like it. I do wear them more often in the winter when the tie/jacket are useful for warmth

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We're working on expanding colours in the oxfords. We finally have an off white/ecru coming this fall.
giphy.gif

MrAmbrose

Reaction score

Not the guy you asked but... Chunky wool shawl collar cardigan. Cream please :-D

Tattersall OCBD's in cream or ecru with autumn colors (gold, burgundy, green).

Donegal crewneck sweaters in mustard yellow and forest green.

Jeans?

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Learn to love sportscoat-trouser combinations. It gives you more pallet options and can be dressed up or down.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads