• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
From today, Tobacco fresco and cream cotton.

D4163BCC-F7A9-4A3D-B771-0E32D336658B.jpeg

753FA9AE-4B64-48E7-8BF9-109D20E02A16.jpeg

theedoor

Reaction score
Hey guys, need some advice for MTM shirting. I've recently moved positions in my company to a very casual environment (note, not "business casual", more casual casual).

What are some good fabrics I should be on the look out for? I'll probably look at some of the lightweight oxfords, and maybe the cotton-linen if they aren't sold out. But looking for some other recommendations.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay

I won a Style Forum contest on Instagram and earned myself a $200 gift card to any Style Forum affiliate. I went with Spier and Mackay with little hesitation. I just custom ordered all five of the light weight oxfords. I really wish you guys had a classic yellow oxford.

What's the deal with the button placement on custom shirts? Is it the super high second button or the more classic arrangement? Thanks.

EDIT: Thanks for extending the custom shirt sale. I just got my gift card today.

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay

I won a Style Forum contest on Instagram and earned myself a $200 gift card to any Style Forum affiliate. I went with Spier and Mackay with little hesitation. I just custom ordered all five of the light weight oxfords. I really wish you guys had a classic yellow oxford.

What's the deal with the button placement on custom shirts? Is it the super high second button or the more classic arrangement? Thanks.

EDIT: Thanks for extending the custom shirt sale. I just got my gift card today.
I always specify 1.5” since I like to keep top button undone without looking like I’m John Travolta in SNF.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, need some advice for MTM shirting. I've recently moved positions in my company to a very casual environment (note, not "business casual", more casual casual).

What are some good fabrics I should be on the look out for? I'll probably look at some of the lightweight oxfords, and maybe the cotton-linen if they aren't sold out. But looking for some other recommendations.

I work in a pretty business casual environment (O&G, lots of golf polos and khakis). All I’ve been wearing the past few weeks have been 100% linen shirts and linen/linen blend pants. It’s gone unnoticed and has been like wearing pajamas.

bnd6xc

Reaction score
great jacket, is it still for sale on the s&m website?
Scattered sizes left, and on sale!

Who makes those loafers though?
Nice outfit, but those Belgians are sweet- looks like the mid-brown calf Mr. Casual from Belgian Shoes?

I’ve been looking at their calf Mr. Casual for a long time now, it’s the only style of shoe I don’t have but really want. If I didn’t already have 8 pairs of Albert slippers (including a patent pair of Del Toros) as my “FU black tie” shoes, I’d be very tempted by the opera pump-esque Henri.
Good eye both of you— Belgian Shoes “Mr. Casual” med. brown lizard calf, for a very light pebble grain.

I wear black suede ones with black tie. Not the most traditional, but I’ve yet to be tossed out of anywhere for it.

Lancaster

Reaction score
@spiermackay I have a question about cloth that I hope you can shed some light on. I have a few custom pieces with cloth by the likes of Scabal and Dormeiul, and the cloth seems magnificent, although I can only judge superficial factors and describe them in layman's terms such as "feels great" and "looks nice." I'm curious to know if you or other RTW producers work with these labels. The only RTW I've seen with Scabal offerings is Coppley in Canada, and I'm not familiar with their product although from what I hear it is not even on the same ship as your product, being far inferior. Any light you can shed on this would be much appreciated.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay

Congratulations on winning the contest and Big Thanks for selecting us!

We're working on expanding colours in the oxfords. We finally have an off white/ecru coming this fall.

Button placement by default now is an 8 button front (including the collar) and the second button 2" below the collar band. You can specify in the notes how many buttons you want and where you want the 2nd button placed (specify how many inches below the collar band).

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on winning the contest and Big Thanks for selecting us!

We're working on expanding colours in the oxfords. We finally have an off white/ecru coming this fall.

Button placement by default now is an 8 button front (including the collar) and the second button 2" below the collar band. You can specify in the notes how many buttons you want and where you want the 2nd button placed (specify how many inches below the collar band).
Awesome. Do you only have fabrics in custom that you've made in RTW? I can see a yellow OCBD not selling well, but would it still be possible in custom?

I'd love something like this.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay I have a question about cloth that I hope you can shed some light on. I have a few custom pieces with cloth by the likes of Scabal and Dormeiul, and the cloth seems magnificent, although I can only judge superficial factors and describe them in layman's terms such as "feels great" and "looks nice." I'm curious to know if you or other RTW producers work with these labels. The only RTW I've seen with Scabal offerings is Coppley in Canada, and I'm not familiar with their product although from what I hear it is not even on the same ship as your product, being far inferior. Any light you can shed on this would be much appreciated.

Generally Scabal and Dormeiul are MTM cloth suppliers who only supply in short cuts to tailors. Rarely will you find their cloth in OTR. Both are cloth merchants and are well known for specialty cloth and interesting designs. Both own small mills that they only produce some of their specialty cloth in. The balance of their cloth is contracted out to other Mills (Such as VBC, Drago, E.Thomas, John Cavendish) They do sell larger quantities on request, but from our conversations the price is still prohibitive for us running something OTR. We do have access to their cloth for MTO/MTM if you wish.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads