• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shipping comp with a fellow SF approved vendor: order input Sunday evening. Order shipped first thing Monday morning. Order ETA Wednesday.
NOT saying SM should (necessarily) be held to that sort of standard, but, as I've long maintained in these debates about expediency, there is a significant middle ground between THAT and the status quo.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To add to the conversation about shipping times, tux ordered Saturday, shipped this afternoon. Super excited- no immediate black tie events, which will give me a chance to get it altered.

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That new midnight blue tux is pretty rad.

I'd wear it with a long tie. I'm digging the look, but in terms of how many black tie events a year for me... I'm thinking just two or three work-related events (that are called "black tie" but people wear a range of stuff from business casual to black tie) and a few weddings throughout the year.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the new denim shirts in the mail. They’re beautiful and fit like a dream but...they smell? Like a lot. I think it’s the dye. Has this been covered?

The medium wash was pretty bad this year but after a wash it was fine. Also it didn't bleed in a cold wash.

induere_to

Reaction score
The Toronto Raptors bandwagoning has turned into a disappointment. Two stabbings, a shooting and an evacuation of the downtown mall my wife works at... I honestly hope the Raptors never win again if this is how people are going to celebrate something that should be fun and joyous.

Anyways! Just got back from my first trip to Pitti Uomo. It was okay. But, oh my God! Florence was absolutely breathtaking! And of course, I had to represent my employer. Days 1-4, through the eyes of surrounding photographers:

8EC595AB-5A4F-46E3-BC40-382A72557422.png

2676A5C9-F2D7-4E89-8296-D2041F36B492.png

1036435E-FF19-4286-99AF-C07FDDA48344.jpeg

6727A45C-E0A6-4F11-91C5-4DFF22B05072.png

C94C4EAC-24FA-4196-A6CF-E1CA38A6066E.jpeg

Edit* The reason I'm wearing two watches is simple: Florence time and Toronto time!

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Toronto Raptors bandwagoning has turned into a disappointment. Two stabbings, a shooting and an evacuation of the downtown mall my wife works at... I honestly hope the Raptors never win again if this is how people are going to celebrate something that should be fun and joyous.

Anyways! Just got back from my first trip to Pitti Uomo. It was okay. But, oh my God! Florence was absolutely breathtaking! And of course, I had to represent my employer. Days 1-4, through the eyes of surrounding photographers:

View attachment 1193672

View attachment 1193673

View attachment 1193675

View attachment 1193676

View attachment 1193674

Edit* The reason I'm wearing two watches is simple: Florence time and Toronto time!
Spier well represented by Mr. Hanchett @ Pitti

induere_to

Reaction score
1st Fitting Made to measure Bottoli wool/ linen sport coat. I was very happy with the fit but Tim only seeks perfection!! Jetted pockets, lapel size and gorge height all was Tim’s recommendations! View attachment 1190148 View attachment 1190149 View attachment 1190150 View attachment 1190151 View attachment 1190152

Shout out to Mr. Hanchett!! Have fun in Florence!! Cheers

I just came across this post now. This was a journey. The first two attempts were not done by me and were measured off an already made jacket the customer wanted copied, and they both ended up as rejects. We decided to give it a go one last time. The measuring tape was handed over to me this time and I took body measurements and used ready-to-wear as a template. Customer has a right shoulder that's very obviously rolled forward and dropped just as much. Body length, jacket specs, lapel width were all as requested by the payee. The photos I'm replying to are from the second fitting, note the difference in the way the right shoulder drapes under the armpit. Attached is a picture from the initial fitting, which emphasize the fit issues. This is a good example as to when MTM should be considered over MTO or RTW.

IMG_1770.jpg

IMG_1771.jpg

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just came across this post now. This was a journey. The first two attempts were not done by me and were measured off an already made jacket the customer wanted copied, and they both ended up as rejects. We decided to give it a go one last time. The measuring tape was handed over to me this time and I took body measurements and used ready-to-wear as a template. Customer has a right shoulder that's very obviously rolled forward and dropped just as much. Body length, jacket specs, lapel width were all as requested by the payee. The photos I'm replying to are from the second fitting, note the difference in the way the right shoulder drapes under the armpit. Attached is a picture from the initial fitting, which emphasize the fit issues. This is a good example as to when MTM should be considered over MTO or RTW.

View attachment 1193679

View attachment 1193680
It was a journey no doubt but the end result was a great one! I have now a platform/ sizing where I can order made to measure suits and sport costs from. Mad props to Mr. Hanchett once again for getting the fit dialled in!!

yungchomsky

Reaction score
I got the new denim shirts in the mail. They’re beautiful and fit like a dream but...they smell? Like a lot. I think it’s the dye. Has this been covered?

I definitely noticed an unusual smell on the light denim shirt but it wasn't overpowering or anything.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The medium wash smells more than the light wash but it's all gone after one wash.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads