• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rule 35

Reaction score
Gentlemen:

I purchased a sport coat yesterday––I'm going to receive this by mid next week right (special event purchase)???

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does 38R length seem to sit perfectly on you when it’s too short on me (6’)???

I wear 38R and am 6 / 6'1 as well. 39R would probably be my ideal if they had it.

View attachment 1172631

I wear 38R and I’m 5’7”. Go figure.
View attachment 1172678

38R as well, 5’11” here:
5D1CE9E1-658B-4118-9896-8AA516C3C8AC.jpeg
7C08962E-2A91-4FBC-9B25-0EECED4B3A00.jpeg
D5556072-4425-4BF5-B995-8B86FAF6B7C3.jpeg

An extra inch or so in length would be ideal (38L I guess), but the 40 would be too wide in the shoulders

Spex

Reaction score
I wear 38R and I’m 5’7”. Go figure.
View attachment 1172678

I'm 6'2" and have bought 2 suits in 38R contemporary. 40R Slim works as well. Those are the ones that fit my shoulders best, but of course could be slightly longer. I guess I could do 40L Contemporary, but then I'm sacrificing a better shoulder fit. I honestly don't think the length of the 38R Contemp/40R Slim is horribly short on my Nordic body proportions, especially compared to the lenght of the jackets I see in public. I guess I need to save up and go MTM to be 100% SF approved.

Edit: I should probably post pics...

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tea, me, and a Spier & Mackay pink and white stripe OCBD shirt at the Hi SocieTEA tea room (on the Argyle Ave side of the W Hotel) in Hollywood CA.

IMG_1626.JPG

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Safe to say only trousers that say "high rise" in the description are in fact high rise?

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1171382 Hey guys! Has anyone experienced this issue with S&M shirts or any shirt for that matter where the collar won’t stay under the lapel? It looks like it’s due to the collar sitting too high but I can’t tell. It’s the second S&M shirt where this happened and I have 3 that I haven’t opened.
In my experience this happens when the collar does not have enough space, particularly if it is a stiff one. I'd say try adding an inch or two collar size, although the close up nature of the photo might be misleading - when I first put on my Spier shirts the button almost naturally sits behind its hole and only later moves slightly apart.

If you have quite triangular/prominent trapezius muscles that can also bump the collar up a bit. Back when that was an issue for me I briefly went button down for tie-less wear as BD collars are usually less stiff.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my experience this happens when the collar does not have enough space, particularly if it is a stiff one. I'd say try adding an inch or two collar size, although the close up nature of the photo might be misleading - when I first put on my Spier shirts the button almost naturally sits behind its hole and only later moves slightly apart.

If you have quite triangular/prominent trapezius muscles that can also bump the collar up a bit. Back when that was an issue for me I briefly went button down for tie-less wear as BD collars are usually less stiff.
I think it’s mostly caused by the stiffness. I’ll report back after washing them a few times. Thanks!

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I don’t own any S&M yet, but I’d like to soon. I’m looking for a warm weather sport coat. Any recommendations?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads