• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is this thing called? A vest? Cardigan? Sweater-vest? Cardigan-sweater-vest?

I guess my opinion diverges from others, as I see it has four likes, but I think it truly does look like an abomination.

My man

upload_2018-11-8_10-0-27.jpeg

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Question for the group (or maybe just @spiermackay): I ordered the mid-gray sharkskin VBC Neopolitan Contemporary a couple days ago. With the discount code, also considering picking up the same suit in charcoal. How close are the two in color/would they be redundant? Haven’t received the mid gray yet, but if I get the charcoal, I wanted to make sure the two were far enough apart that it would make sense.

Laid side by side, they are different and it's a matter of personal preference if you prefer something a big lighter or darker. The charcoal is not a deep charcoal so it doesn't look black.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wanted to pick up a 3 of the OCBD shirts in 15 slim. They only have Extra slim at the DT store. Come on.... :censored: :slapfight:

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Broke down and ordered a turtleneck, sweater, and a sale popover.

Abraham Moon Brown and Red gun check is up but pricing must be off...only $196? What a steal

drfwtx

Reaction score
Man I'm so torn, I hunted down an unworn but second hand gun check tweed from last fall. I can't decide if I like this new one more. Either way, I'll have to pass, however, because I got laid off this week (thankfully right after I finished my copping for the Spier & Mackay drops, silver lining I suppose.)

drfwtx

Reaction score
Man I'm so torn, I hunted down an unworn but second hand gun check tweed from last fall. I can't decide if I like this new one more. Either way, I'll have to pass, however, because I got laid off this week (thankfully right after I finished my copping for the Spier & Mackay drops, silver lining I suppose.)

I look forward to seeing y'alls photos of this jacket in the wild though, so share away and let some of us ride your luxurious lapels (since the focus here is not on the coattails).

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, man. Wish all the best and sure you'll at the minimum have a nice wardrobe if you need them for any upcoming interviews.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Dude that sucks. Sorry to hear that. You'll be back on the horse in no time. Looking fresh too!

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I jumped on those OCBDs! In the past, I've waited for sales and was disappointed when my size was sold out.

If you're on the fence, jump on these while they're still around -- you won't find a better value.

For what it's worth, while the cloth is on the beefy side, I find that it's actually more flattering than some of the thinner OCBDs. Also, it's not THAT much warmer in the summer. Definitely live-able on most days in the Long Island summer.

As a request for S&M... could you create some patterned OTR shirts without the colored button thread? It's prevented me from making more than a few purchases. If everyone else likes it, I understand, but just wanted to throw out a request.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elstir2024