• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tell me about this albiate denim shirt you mention. haven't heard of that til now

Rick are the shirts confirmed Albiate denim or other? Also how many washes. Like Moss, I've been avoiding pulling the trigger on the PC washed denim shirts for a while hoping S&M will drop some.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Rick are the shirts confirmed Albiate denim or other? Also how many washes. Like Moss, I've been avoiding pulling the trigger on the PC washed denim shirts for a while hoping S&M will drop some.

In production, going for washing next week. Should be here End of the month or early Dec. Medium Wash and a Light Wash.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Ok guys. I'm opening up the very contentious can of worms debate of the shirt, 2nd button position (first one after the collar button).

Currently, we have ours at 1.5" down from the band. This allows the other buttons to be moved up, so one can wear the 2nd button open without showing too much chest. This is par for the course on most European shirts.

But, we're not in Europe. The North American Standard is 2.25" down from the band. So if you wear the 2nd button open, you can end up looking like Russel Brand.

What is the preference?

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok guys. I'm opening up the very contentious can of worms debate of the shirt, 2nd button position (first one after the collar button).

Currently, we have ours at 1.5" down from the band. This allows the other buttons to be moved up, so one can wear the 2nd button open without showing too much chest. This is par for the course on most European shirts.

But, we're not in Europe. The North American Standard is 2.25" down from the band. So if you wear the 2nd button open, you can end up looking like Russel Brand.

What is the preference?

I don't see any reason to change the current button stance. I prefer to wear casual shirts with the top two buttons open, and the current spacing is perfect.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What is the preference?
i'll let these instagram photos of mine answer your question:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BTr8A1jDg1Z/?taken-by=menswearmusings
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSj926JjPQM/?taken-by=menswearmusings
https://www.instagram.com/p/BbSw4wLD73s/?taken-by=menswearmusings
https://www.instagram.com/p/BbDPCqGjb49/?taken-by=menswearmusings
https://www.instagram.com/p/BaY43V-DJIX/?taken-by=menswearmusings
https://www.instagram.com/p/BX74xlGDjok/?taken-by=menswearmusings
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXHEYz6Djiu/?taken-by=menswearmusings
https://www.instagram.com/p/BV-oqazjIi3/?taken-by=menswearmusings
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUexa9gDXtG/?taken-by=menswearmusings

Hailwood

Reaction score
Just got my merino v-necks from the sale last week.

Material is super comfortable and a great weight, and the fit is excellent. Overall an incredible value, especially at the sale price. I'll definitely be getting more :)

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What is the preference?

I like the button placement as is. I wear the second button done-up for optimal collar roll.
4AB37603-00F7-4891-94CA-EAD2563D4138.jpeg

8020146B-9C01-43E0-9643-C0C4E6375D37.jpeg

Last edited:

Hockey1234

Reaction score

What is the preference?

My vote is to move the button down to the NA standard of 2.25"

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What is the preference?

Ok, I went back and forth on this since the last time it was brought up. Since I was getting into custom shirts I really wanted to nail the perfect placement. If I wear a casual outfit I will open up 2 buttons, though I found that the stance on the oxfords was opening up a lot on me but then just one was too much. Then when I wore sport coats I did one open it was decent but I found it could be slightly higher.

I ended up requesting the buttons all moved up .5" and it seems to be the sweet spot so far with one or two buttons open.

2017-10-30 10.12.35_edited.jpg

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What is the preference?

Button position is fine. Since I just purchased your RWT shirts, here are my suggestions for improvement (stuff I sent to you via PM but for everybody to review):

1. Can the back of the shirts be darted? It's a bit blousey at the back
2. Plackets - Prefer plain plackets. It's a cleaner look
3. Collar - the height could be raised a bit
4. Cuff length - Can they be increased a bit

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

But is your first button higher? That would lead to all the buttons being a bit higher. I find its a fair amount of chest showing with the standard button placement shirts having them undone like your pics.

See how the last closed button is just below the top of the pocket, vs just above on the shirt I posted before which is just above. Small change but I like it. Though nothing really wrong with the standard button placement. I find the 1.5" down from the band is too high @spiermackay

2017-08-21 12.45.39_edited.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads