• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

burgerkong

Reaction score

Sorry, I meant his sleeve head, look at the side shot. As for the rippling on the back, yeah letting out should fix it, but not guaranteed.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

After working out more over the past few months I've been thinking the shoulders are too tight on my Spier and Mackay suit. Thoughts?
shoulders look fine. Just need to tidy up the upper back. Easy fix with a square back or low collar. The slight ripples in the sleeve cap are due to your bicep/tricep being a bit large for the sleeve and result a pull on the cloth at the cap.

Last edited:

scatterbrain

Reaction score
Here are some fit pics of my recent MTM navy flannel.

About the model: As a hardcore desk jockey, I'm carrying some extra weight around my waist. I have significant love handles that are a challenge to tailor.

I also requested a roomier fit, so that if I eat a big meal (as I like to do), I'm not bursting at the seams. I opted for their soft-shoulder option, used on some of their sport coats without spalla camicia. Full canvas. I tried on various jackets in-store, and was measured in-person. I gave them my best-fitting pair of pants to duplicate, which they did very well (too bad I didn't wear braces, or the pants would have looked a lot better in these pics...). The fabric is H&S 12 oz navy flannel.

Overall, I'm very impressed. Particularly since this is my first commission from them. I'm going to have a second pair of pants made. Spier and MacKay will likely be my go-to suit maker from now on.

3-piece:

(Not sure why I've got a bit of collar gap in this picture. Normally I don't think it's there.)

Suggestions for improvement: the only thing I think is missing is handmade buttonholes, but at this price point I don't think that's realistic (though I would pay more for them if that was an option). The fit is good enough that I would put the extra money into the suit.

Buttoned up

Worn as a two-piece (with no shoes):

Two-Piece Unbuttoned (note the nice roll in the lapels):

Inside details:

Nice clean (machine made) buttonholes for when you leave the bottom button undone on the vest:

Last edited:

scatterbrain

Reaction score
Thanks everybody.

@losrockets , interesting you suggest more structure. I was going back and forth on whether to get their regular shoulder instead of soft shoulder when I ordered. I typically have a lot of difficulty fitting normal structured shoulders. My shoulders slope, I have a low right shoulder, and my shoulders are broad, so they can make my head look to small if overstructured. Also, I tend to get the dreaded shoulder divots. I am barrel chested (my chest is deep, instead of wide) and need a wide sleevehead.

S&M's normal shoulder would basically fall in between these two.

My current view is that a) I will try S&M's spalla camicia next, b) will likely use that (or soft shoulder) for sport coats, and c) will probably use most formal structured shoulder for hardcore conservative business dress suits (for court, etc). But I would appreciate thoughts/suggestions.

Last edited:

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks everybody. @losrockets , interesting you suggest more structure. I was going back and forth on whether to get their regular shoulder instead of soft shoulder when I ordered. I typically have a lot of difficulty fitting normal structured shoulders. My shoulders slope, I have a low right shoulder, and my shoulders are broad, so they can make my head look to small if overstructured. Also, I tend to get the dreaded shoulder divots. I am barrel chested (my chest is deep, instead of wide) and need a wide sleevehead.
S&M's normal shoulder would basically fall in between these two. My current view is that a) I will try S&M's spalla camicia next, b) will likely use that (or soft shoulder) for sport coats, and c) will probably use most formal structured shoulder for hardcore conservative business dress suits (for court, etc). But I would appreciate thoughts/suggestions.
I think the suit looks good, and I agree with your idea of going soft/spalla camicia for sport coats and (lightly/default) structure for formal suits. Love the Starry Night in the background and, as someone who's recently starting loosing hair on top of his head, I am slightly jealous of the hairdo! Is the tie Kent Wang, by any chance?

Last edited:

scatterbrain

Reaction score

I think the suit looks good, and I agree with your idea of going soft/spalla camicia for sport coats and (lightly/default) structure for formal suits. Love the Starry Night in the background and, as someone who's recently starting loosing hair on top of his head, I am slightly jealous of the hairdo!

Is the tie Kent Wang, by any chance?

Thanks for the kind words, and yes the tie is Kent Wang. That tie is really outstanding. Really nice depth and variety of colour. But I find it to be a bit too country to wear with most conservative business dress suits.

02///M3

Reaction score
I think that looks excellent. Probably the best MTM commission posted here. You've inspired me to get to Toronto asap.

Spex

Reaction score
Rick, will there be a re-stock of Contemporary Fit OCBDs in uni-stripes (blue and pink) with the clean back? Also, any update on those denim shirts?
biggrin.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads