• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

variancelog

Reaction score
Never thought I'd see my pic on the front page of SF!
wow.gif

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any chance the suits for the spring will have a "long" size?

Is is possible for alter the current regular suits to have longer lengths/sleeves or will that just be throwing off the proportions? Thanks.

No Long for this upcoming season. They are in the pipline for core suits for FW. That said, this season the we added 1/2" to the overall length and the sleeves are of decent length. We find many need to shorten the sleeves a touch. The sleeves have false buttons, so they can be let out 1/2" without affecting the rest.

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any plans to add an oxford stripe OCBD? I would love this for casual wear. Also any plans to add any more stock to the trousers/ any new fabrics in the near future? Your contemporary fit is perfect.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any plans to add an oxford stripe OCBD? I would love this for casual wear. Also any plans to add any more stock to the trousers/ any new fabrics in the near future? Your contemporary fit is perfect.

Just booked something similar yesterday. In blue and in a burgundy.

More trousers are on the way. Will be here in March. That said, we've made a commitment to drastically expand our OTR trouser offering to include a wider range of cloth for daily wear as well as seasonal offerings.

Last edited:

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wore my bellfield stripe shirt today after I think a second wash. My pale blue oxford feels more softer and looks better when I had a tie on as opposed to 70's thread count. Nothing major just different fabrics.

p.lapaine

Reaction score
Just discovered this brand thanks to the front page. Always good to see new high quality Canadian clothing companies!
I'm on the fence between ordering the current core oxfords vs the waiting for the pin oxford. Any idea what the price point will be for the pin oxfords?

Lionsfan

Reaction score
No Long for this upcoming season. They are in the pipline for core suits for FW. That said, this season the we added 1/2" to the overall length and the sleeves are of decent length. We find many need to shorten the sleeves a touch. The sleeves have false buttons, so they can be let out 1/2" without affecting the rest.
Would you be able to list the new measurements of the spring suits for both slim and contemporary? Thank you.

pandaplush

Reaction score
For linen shirts, I would want to stock up on solids first. I like the blue, tan, coral, and aqua (from most to least) shirts from Brooks Brother, not particularly interested in darker colours. From there, I would round out my summer wardrobe with a conservative stripe and some madras.

Also, would prefer linens with some cotton blended in to resist wrinkling.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excited to see that some of the linen stuff will make it to OTR, regardless of MTM/OTR I'd like to see stripes and solids. Also haven't tried any of your trousers yet so the expanded OTR lineup sounds good. Question about MTM shirts - would you be able to make a popover? Have a feeling in a few months I'm really going to want some cotton/linen popovers with beautiful rolled collars. (Is it strange to have a buttondown collar on a popover? Should I stick to a less formal spread collar instead?)

fong249

Reaction score
I picked up three of the new oxfords. I picked them up in the 16" slim. Have to say, some of the best fitting oxfords I have worn straight out of the box. I did have a few comments -

The collar feels great. Never change.
The length is (i feel) a touch to long. Understood that these are technically "dress' shirts. I have a BB ESF made in usa (milano fit nowadays) in a 16/36, and they are shorter than the S&M. Fortunately I am extremely long torso'd, and they still hit me right about 3/4 down my fly...
They are MUCH slimmer through the waist than the BB Milano/ESF oxfords. Not a complaint, just a warning. I picked up slim. I am approximately 6'0"/185 and athletic, and the taper is real.

Cant wait for stripes!

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just picked up the OCBD's too, and have to echo the awesome fit and collar.

Something that I found to be an unexpected surprise -- MoP (or shell?) buttons? Definitely didn't expect that. Anyone have any experience putting these shirts in the dryer? Any risk of chipping or breaking the buttons?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads