• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JTrent82

Reaction score
I asked Rick on IG if the suede jackets are this season. He said yes.
Not sure where the discrepancy is, but the suede jackets (and the waxed jackets) have definitely been available since last winter. I know because I've been waiting for them to go on sale that long.
1692639463075.png

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure where the discrepancy is, but the suede jackets (and the waxed jackets) have definitely been available since last winter. I know because I've been waiting for them to go on sale that long. View attachment 2011641

Yeah I also mentioned that the product code needs to be updated if that's the case. They probably need to update the website.

JHud

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the size chart currently represents the skinny SS23 trousers or the looser FW23 trousers?

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not sure where the discrepancy is, but the suede jackets (and the waxed jackets) have definitely been available since last winter. I know because I've been waiting for them to go on sale that long. View attachment 2011641

Hahah! I’m not the only one. I was tracking them and the fact that they weren’t selling in any sizes, feeling confident that they would end-up on deep discount sometime over the summer. Instead they were pulled from the store for a while, only to get “re-released” as a new product.

Dorian_Gray

Reaction score
Oooof. Action back - so much good news. It’s a beauty here, but I also suspect this means the pattern is now relatively accessible for MTO… what a gem.

I have Spier’s first iteration “hunting jacket” from about 3 years ago, with the detachable leather throat latch and I absolutely love it. Such a beauty. My only wish is it had these added details.
8A9C4640-6CD2-4CBA-9579-8E9DE30432DB.png

mlstein

Reaction score
If you're still on the fence about the excellent and multipurpose tebas they're on sale right now for a hair over US$100. (https://www.spierandmackay.com/Product/search?search=teba) Its an unbeatable price and considering how terribly they've sold I'd imagine we'll never see them again. I wear my navy one all the time and just ordered the olive green.

Last edited:

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
Oooof. Action back - so much good news. It’s a beauty here, but I also suspect this means the pattern is now relatively accessible for MTO… what a gem.

I have Spier’s first iteration “hunting jacket” from about 3 years ago, with the detachable leather throat latch and I absolutely love it. Such a beauty. My only wish is it had these added details.
View attachment 2011929

Breathing intensifies.....

And holy heck Glorious 12th was 10 days ago! BRB when this comes, I gotta go heist a few Holland & Holland shotguns out of some toff's stately manor and then ramble up the A9 on my Land Rover. I feel sorry for the grouse.

Does anyone know anything about this fabric? This is the sort of thing that is just begging for the coarsest itchiest Harris tweed, so of course they use something else...🙄

JTrent82

Reaction score
Breathing intensifies.....

And holy heck Glorious 12th was 10 days ago! BRB when this comes, I gotta go heist a few Holland & Holland shotguns out of some toff's stately manor and then ramble up the A9 on my Land Rover. I feel sorry for the grouse.

Does anyone know anything about this fabric? This is the sort of thing that is just begging for the coarsest itchiest Harris tweed, so of course they use something else...🙄
Most of the Moon fabric that I've handled is sufficiently tweedy- coarse and hairy. Similar to many Harris tweeds but usually not as heavy.

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
Sweet. My parents have no interest in CM, but my maternal grandpa who lived most of his life under Queen Liz and her Large Adult Sons did, with the very English wardrobe to boot. He died when I was a student still wearing basketball shorts everywhere, and my uncle gave away most of his tailoring to Goodwill, but a few forgotten bits ended up with my mom somehow. We were actually cleaning out one of her closets last year when she pulled out a Harris tweed jacket juuuuuuuust like this one and went, "Oh hey why's this suit still here? He used to wear this thing everywhere." (OMG Mom that's a jacket not a suit...don't you know anything???....So embarrassing...) Apparently he had tried to give it to my dad back in the 80s, but my dad, who couldn't have cared less about "old man clothes," just shoved it out of sight.

Of course I tried it on right away, but that bastard was a 40R and slimmer than a SuitSupply mannequin, whereas I am proof that all it takes is one generation in America to blow the heck up, so back into the closet it went.

And that's the long story of why I must burn $448 on this unnecessary item. You know, for my ancestors.

blewnote1

Reaction score
Is there any consensus yet on the classic fit shirts? Also, disappointed to see some of the new shirts in previews don't have classic fit as an option. Contemporary doesn't quite fit me so classic is my only hope outside MTM.

I bought a classic fit shirt in my size (the hairline striped linen button down) and it's pretty good. My issue with the contemporary shirt is that I have to go up a neck size to get a waist that fits the bit of a gut I still can't seem to get rid of. The classic in my size fits me in the neck and waist and has a little extra around the chest, but not enough to make me upset. If I bought more shirts from Spier I would get them all in classic if possible.

If you know Brooks brothers fits, the chest fits like more like a Regent and the waist like a Milano.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saranya