• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Oooh, as long as you're here, have you ever ordered one of their RTW 3 piece suits? I did so for the first time a few weeks ago and had to return it because the vest was way too tight. It was labeled 46 and SM confirmed the #s were within spec, but there's no way that jacket and vest could be for the same person. I've gotten vests via MTO before that fit fine, and they were done using the stock size #s when you select 46 from the dropdown; the RTW one was at least 1.5" smaller than these in the chest and waist.
Oh I'll definitely still be around here. There's always a chance they drop something my idiot-brain says I need. As to that question- I have not ordered a three piece suit from them. But I will say I've always suspected the vest would be an issue. Based off how their sportcoats fit (and how often I've had to let them out due to tolerances) I had the thought that their vests would be cut a little too trim in order to accomplish their "vision" for how the three piece should look. That's just my thought process though.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While you guys are splitting hairs about about saving $30 on an item none of us truly needs, I'm busy hoovering up the lone 46Rs they have of all the new items.

So these suede trucker and flight jackets...As long as I'm up in the Highlands in my new hunting jacket, circlejerking it with Kirby Allison and a bunch of inbred pro-Brexit Fukking Fulford types while missing everything with my borrowed Purdey SXS, I figured I should also take one of these with me. Anyone have any idea how they fit? The #s for flight and trucker, even for the 46, seem awfully small; my 46 Baracuta for example has like a 50" chest, whereas this one tops out at ~49 (which might very well be ~47.5 with Spier-math).

Oooh, as long as you're here, have you ever ordered one of their RTW 3 piece suits? I did so for the first time a few weeks ago and had to return it because the vest was way too tight. It was labeled 46 and SM confirmed the #s were within spec, but there's no way that jacket and vest could be for the same person. I've gotten vests via MTO before that fit fine, and they were done using the stock size #s when you select 46 from the dropdown; the RTW one was at least 1.5" smaller than these in the chest and waist.
Oh, you fawkers are the competition then? Unsure if it's due to SM sizing or #zegains, but the 44s are now cutting a bittttttt too slim for me. Wish they would offer some 46Ls.

SSD, hilarious aside about your mom & suits/SCs. Embarrassed to admit (well, not really...we're all weirdos here) I think the same when people compliment my getting dressed up in a suit...when wearing a navy jacket and grey trousers.

Enox

Reaction score
Whichever of you bastards bought the last olive touring jacket in 42/44--I hate you. Worked a 20 hour day at work and completely forgot about it. Remembered today and it's sold out :(

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Screenshot_20230822-212412.png

hysteria

Reaction score
This looks fantastic. Certainly not a fan of such long lengths, don't like them below knees personally, but great choice of fabric.

On a side-note what do folks here think about vests? I've never really been a vest person b/c I Just don't see the point of wearing a jacket with no sleeves if it's cold, but I do like the materials they are using here. How do you like to wear your vests, if at all?

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This looks fantastic. Certainly not a fan of such long lengths, don't like them below knees personally, but great choice of fabric.

On a side-note what do folks here think about vests? I've never really been a vest person b/c I Just don't see the point of wearing a jacket with no sleeves if it's cold, but I do like the materials they are using here. How do you like to wear your vests, if at all?

Have you ever owned a really long coat? There's nothing cooler than have a super long coat to blow in the wind, but that may be the child in me, haha.

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I do a good bit in fall simply because I run hot and often this is just enough. Not to mention it can layer nicely for additional warmth later in the season and winter. Vests are often the highest warmth per weight pieces one can wear.

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score

My arms don't really get cold, whereas on a brisk day, I definitely feel it in my chest and back, so a vest is ideal for keeping warm without hindering movement. Jokes about badly shooting with rich asshats aside, I do go to the skeet/trap/sporting range ~2x a week, and in fall/winter it's a handy way to keep warm without restricting gun movement. Plus, my particular SM vest has big enough pockets that I can lug around two extra boxes of ammo, allowing me to stay out there for longer before having to hoof it back to my car for a refill.

I'm also a big fan of proper winters, the kind with frostbite warnings on TV and punctuated by bomb cyclones, and for that, a down vest is perfect for layering when even your heaviest peacoat isn't cutting it. I mean, the alternative is to just wear a proper parka from Orvis or Lands' End or whatever, which probably costs less than the SM vest, to say nothing of the CM itself that I am also wearing, but the whole point of this is that we're a bunch of stubborn, stupid Miniver Cheevys, right?

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

hysteria

Reaction score
Any idea if it's an onerous or expensive of a task it is for a tailor to reduce the length? I like the fabric but last year I passed on it b/c it's too long for me and the coat coming down close to my ankle is not my style.

St1X

Reaction score
Has anybody (ANYBODY?) tried these? They are intriguing, at the very least.
Yes. They are great! Especially touring jacket. You need to size up, though! I wear suits in size 36, but had to go up to 38 in waxed jackets as 36 was a bit too small in (raglan!) shoulders and sleeves were a bit too short

Enox

Reaction score
Yes. They are great! Especially touring jacket. You need to size up, though! I wear suits in size 36, but had to go up to 38 in waxed jackets as 36 was a bit too small in (raglan!) shoulders and sleeves were a bit too short
Really? The chest size is much larger than the same size sportcoat.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johanchrhakj