• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jlee80

Reaction score
It sounds like @SpierTeam has been getting some bad press around here for customer service. While others’ experiences will vary, I’ve had some excellent communication with the custom shirt person. I had a poor fit with a custom shirt and she was very helpful. This is not to discount the others’ experiences—but is to share positive story.

When Spier gets it right, they are great. So it seems like they need to work on increasing their batting average.
This is what I’m saying, when they get it right it’s the best thing out there when you talk about value for the money. But when they are consistently getting fit wrong, not updating the website and fabrics accordingly, it’s a problem.

JTrent82

Reaction score
I'm trying to identify the collar on the Classic Ivy Oxfords and it seems like it's a newly introduced collar that's only available on these shirts and not even an option for MTO: C27. Has anyone tried out these shirts yet? Thoughts?

phzanella

Reaction score
Anyone selling the following?
suits / blazers in 40R / 42R
trousers in 32-33 Waist x 30-32 Inseam
Shirts in 15.5 x 34-35

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The one by the local guy definitely looks better, although there's still room for improvement in my opinion. Spier's pattern doesn't look like the best fit for you even if you sized up, honestly.

Now you're just being unnecessarily abrasive. Funny how the guy complimenting your suit is a "realist" while those who critique aspects of it are just "fanboys" and dismissed out of hand. None of the points I raised have anything to do with S&M as a brand. I'm sure your local guy is fully capable of adjusting and improving the fit. Much more so than you could ever hope for with online MTO, in fact.

If you're going to get this butthurt over people commenting on the fit of your suits, you probably shouldn't be posting fit pics on Styleforum of all places. I feel bad about contributing to the derailment of an affiliate thread though, so I'll try to resist the temptation to continue this exchange beyond this point.
Just my two cents, but I really don’t think there is anything “unnecessarily abrasive” coming from JLee. Though you do sound a bit butthurt from his posts. If his suit pics don’t look good to you, throw up a couple of fit pics of yourself in a suit to contribute. Show, don’t just tell.

Jlee80

Reaction score
Just my two cents, but I really don’t think there is anything “unnecessarily abrasive” coming from JLee. Though you do sound a bit butthurt from his posts. If his suit pics don’t look good to you, throw up a couple of fit pics of yourself in a suit to contribute. Show, don’t just tell.
Agree.. please show me how it’s done ;)

sydneycider

Reaction score
Question for the crowd, when buying cotton pants (chinos, jeans) do you guys size down? For example, getting size 34 cotton pants and size 35 wool trousers.

tmckay2

Reaction score
Question for the crowd, when buying cotton pants (chinos, jeans) do you guys size down? For example, getting size 34 cotton pants and size 35 wool trousers.

I've heard jeans yes, for chinos I haven't (32 slim in both) but I could see doing that, the chinos definitely seem roomier even though measurements are supposedly about the same. If I dropped to a 31 it would probably work.

tmckay2

Reaction score
Shirts in 15.5 x 34-35

I am selling light blue, navy and medium gray trousers. 32 waist, slim, hemmed to about 30. I have never worn them, they fit but been sitting in my closet so just looking to thin things out.

stubbsj20

Reaction score
Shirts in 15.5 x 34-35
I have a pair of size 33 contemporary charcoal VBC flannels I'd like to sell. If you are interested, PM me. They have only been worn a couple times and are in like-new condition. Hemmed to a ~31.25” inseam with a 2” cuff (no fabric has been cut).

SteveMc

Reaction score
Shirts in 15.5 x 34-35

I have this one for sale:
1664801312748.png

https://www.spierandmackay.com/product/blue-stripe---cotton-linen-ry-2696-c22f5k-cc-ss22

Size 15.5 slim (35 sleeve) new with tags, never worn it's still in the bag. It's currently offered for 55 US$. I'll sale it for 40$.

DM if interested.

Jlee80

Reaction score
Agreed. Second one looks better.
Appreciate it. The local gentleman who procured this MTO suit is really passionate about clothes and his pricing is really good ($695 for 120's wool). I'm happy with the results.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads