• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Imperatores

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm having a hard time figuring out sizing. The XXL measurements for these are roughly the same as the XL measurements on some of the wool sweaters. Maybe they're sized smaller since cotton doesn't hold its shape as well over time as wool? And they're factoring in that it will get stretched out over time?

Yeah, that's the only explanation I can come up with as well. If I have to size up I'm going to have to skip it. My usual size is already a bit too long in the body. Definitely don't need the added length of the next size up.

Fair enough. I would wear a sweatshirt on it's own and with a collared shirt as well. More preppy style.
Either way, I'm not complaining.

I just had a look at the new drops, yeah I don't understand the sizing on the cotton crewnecks either. But damn, they're dropping FIRE stuff.

I like the look of the cotton crewneck.

Edit - Spier needs to come back to the thread and explain things!

Agreed. I especially like the colors on the cotton crewnecks. Nice to finally get a beefier mid gray sweater that works for layering. The olive looks good as well.

reidrothchild

Reaction score
Yeah, that's the only explanation I can come up with as well. If I have to size up I'm going to have to skip it. My usual size is already a bit too long in the body. Definitely don't need the added length of the next size up.
Same here. I'm loving the look and colors of the cotton crewnecks; plus, I just prefer cotton sweaters to wool anyway, but I'm too lazy to deal with a return in the likely event that I get sizing wrong.

msanchez0125

Reaction score
Just received the knit dress shirt. Fabric feels nice and lightweight- almost identical to the LS polos. Fit is also in line with other dress shirts.

Attachments

• 20211022_191223.jpg
    20211022_191223.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 20211022_191051.jpg
    20211022_191051.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 127
  • 20211022_191044.jpg
    20211022_191044.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 125

ptfly

Reaction score
Just received the knit dress shirt. Fabric feels nice and lightweight- almost identical to the LS polos. Fit is also in line with other dress shirts.
Have one in my cart but a little concerned about shrinkage in body length and appearance after wash. Pls keep us posted.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These down blazers are dope. Just received mine (TTS w sweater / ie 38 sport coat -> 38 down blazer).

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fair enough. I would wear a sweatshirt on it's own and with a collared shirt as well. More preppy style.
Either way, I'm not complaining.

I just had a look at the new drops, yeah I don't understand the sizing on the cotton crewnecks either. But damn, they're dropping FIRE stuff.

I like the look of the cotton crewneck.

Edit - Spier needs to come back to the thread and explain things!
That olive cotton crewneck, at 58US, is the deal of the season. That sweater with denim and boots...

PS--fit chart for the cotton crew is the same as fit chart for the merino cable crews. Rick indicating charts may be off. Fit for merino and cotton will be close, but cotton will fit a bit tighter due to material

Last edited:

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That olive cotton crewneck, at 58US, is the deal of the season. That sweater with denim and boots...

It does look good. But may hold off. WFH until March, all I wear currently is workout clothing. I'll possibly visit the store after my vacation. But since Mike is no longer on the floor. The in person experience is nowhere close to the same.

Imperatores

Reaction score
PS--fit chart for the cotton crew is the same as fit chart for the merino cable crews. Rick indicating charts may be off. Fit for merino and cotton will be close, but cotton will fit a bit tighter due to material

Nice, the chart appears to have changed now. That's good news. They really need to start double checking to make sure the size charts are correct before putting products up for sale, though. I have purchased multiple items in the past that ended up fitting nothing like I expected due to incorrect charts as well.

RexBanner

Reaction score
I didn't realize they have chunky wool cardigans now! Does anyone have one from last year? Is it truly chunky? What is the sizing like? In the past with SM stuff, the arm length has been a bit short. What size cardi should I get for 6'2 and slim? Lastly, does any one have any pics of the cardigans?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads