• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JayDee90

Reaction score
Speaking of which, anyone have any IRL photos of the medium wash denim shirt? I want see how they compare to the light wash.
Only reason I didn't go with the medium wash is what seems to me as really dark contrast stitching. Unsure, but I assume this wont fade as much as the rest of the shirt and might be more noticeable after a few washes (which I personally do not want)

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only reason I didn't go with the medium wash is what seems to me as really dark contrast stitching. Unsure, but I assume this wont fade as much as the rest of the shirt and might be more noticeable after a few washes (which I personally do not want)
Didn’t really notice that before. But now that I see it, I can’t unsee it. Thank you very much. Lol

Bacharini

Reaction score
For those who have used the in-house hemming, do you have the same inseam for high rise trousers as regular?

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just returned a shirt from Eton that I blind bought online. It was a denim shirt that came in a 16 1/2 neck but the standard (i.e. no ability to select the length) sleeve length was 36 1/2. I'm 6'2" and the sleeve bunching made it unwearable even with a jacket on. I know now that I can't go longer than a 35 in a blind buy. Too bad, the shirt looks lovely.

Made the same mistake w 161/2 Eton pullover demin Sleeves 36? Just hanging in the closet!

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm curious to know what sleeve shortening would cost and if the work comes out ok. I've taken plenty of sportcoats to get sleeves shortened, but never a shirt.
don't get a shirt sleeve shortened. if they take it from the cuff it kind of messes up the proportions of the sleeve placket and stuff.

if getting it from the shoulder armhole it' slike major surgery so don't do it.

at that point like other readers ahve stated just get MTM or something. Shirts are sig. harder to make look good than a suit suit due to certain design details.

c.bisesar

Reaction score
Ok, I don't even care about S&M, but I just have to jump in here:

Your belly button and its proximal placement has absolutely nothing to do with your waist. As in, zero - zilch - nihil.

Your waist is the narrowest section of your abdominal cavity (that's the middle of your body). It is always above the hips, and for a lot of people is near the navel, but that means absolutely nothing unless you take your measurements with a tape. For fit people, the waist is visibly apparent.

My own waist lies nearly two inches above the navel. For many others it is lower. But the only consideration should be the narrowest part of the body, because that is both where the trousers may hang without the need for a belt or braces, and where they will perfectly cover the bottom of the shirt to meet with the jacket and present a better figure.

Some examples of how it should look when your jacket is buttoned (in terms of the jacket and trousers, not necessarily style):

View attachment 1535997

View attachment 1535998

And my personal favourite:

View attachment 1535999

All right, you kids can go back to your fun.

Is this applicable to regular trousers or just high rise ones?

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New MTO - Marling & Evans Navy glen check on a cream base, with brown overcheck. In Neo as usual, no other changes except Milanese and 3 cuff buttons.
B66E6B03-D25B-4489-9B2F-C8C31EF49E07.jpeg
E369D2E1-54C1-47F0-BA9F-95059C00B1EE.jpeg
1B0C3798-AA61-4BFF-9576-DCB462551DBF.jpeg

329D1D34-426F-4F19-B32B-0191D888D7A4.jpeg

4F8A71B5-5BBD-4119-8253-C955957850E4.jpeg

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this applicable to regular trousers or just high rise ones?

Where the waist sits on the body is a question anatomical. Whether someone wants trousers that sit on, above, or below that point is up to them.

But many people seem to think that having trousers sit at their proper waist is 'high-rise,' so in that sense I suppose it is.

Trousers that sit at the waist generally look odd without something to cover them, IMO. But they look much better with a jacket, and don't fall down.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads