• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I made a purchase on Monday and paid for Priority Shipping but my stuff apparently hasn't even been dropped off for delivery yet, which is a bit frustrating.
Thankfully it wasn't because I "needed" it by the weekend but seems a bit like a waste of over $40 now since I paid for it to get here by then.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So I made a purchase on Monday and paid for Priority Shipping but my stuff apparently hasn't even been dropped off for delivery yet, which is a bit frustrating.
Thankfully it wasn't because I "needed" it by the weekend but seems a bit like a waste of over $40 now since I paid for it to get here by then.

Our apologies, we're looking into this. Shipping just showed me a copy of the shipping form they receive from the new POS system, and it doesn't specify Express shipping. This is obviously a bug with the new system and we have to get that rectified ASAP. I've already alerted CS about this to get you a refund back on the express shipping charge.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Our apologies, we're looking into this. Shipping just showed me a copy of the shipping form they receive from the new POS system, and it doesn't specify Express shipping. This is obviously a bug with the new system and we have to get that rectified ASAP. I've already alerted CS about this to get you a refund back on the express shipping charge.

Appreciate the response. Just received a call from CS with an apology about an hour or so ago.

Thanks for clarifying what happened, mistakes happen, no worries.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha, just received another call from CS that they didn't get the note to swap out the trouser size either. At least you guys are sending the correct size but hopefully me returning the other trousers won't count towards my free return, haha.

Sorry you guys are having all these issues with the new system.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Haha, just received another call from CS that they didn't get the note to swap out the trouser size either. At least you guys are sending the correct size but hopefully me returning the other trousers won't count towards my free return, haha.

Sorry you guys are having all these issues with the new system.

Yeah, Brij just came to me with that as well. The new website is working correctly, it's the Point of Sale system that is connected to it, which is a separate plug in that's giving us all the headaches. A couple weeks of this and we should be back to a smooth operation.

That won't go against the free return.

Spex

Reaction score
New site looks fantastic. I do want to point out that the filtering doesn't seem to work properly, though. For example if I filter for size 32 contemporary trousers there will be items that appear where the size 32 is then ghosted (unselectable) when you try to pick the size. An example of this is the medium grey flannel (which I know hasn't been in stock for ages).

Also, your older striped ties show a size of 8cm on the size bar, but under "The Finer Details" it says 8.5cm.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
New site looks fantastic. I do want to point out that the filtering doesn't seem to work properly, though. For example if I filter for size 32 contemporary trousers there will be items that appear where the size 32 is then ghosted (unselectable) when you try to pick the size. An example of this is the medium grey flannel (which I know hasn't been in stock for ages).

Also, your older striped ties show a size of 8cm on the size bar, but under "The Finer Details" it says 8.5cm.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll send that over to the web developer.

RE: Ties. I'll get that fixed.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone remind me what the hangup w/ the current chinos is? They're on sale at the moment and I'm pretty curious as I'm lacking in chinos but I recall Rick saying they didn't turn out as anticipated - was this specifically for the contemporary fit ones? Did anybody pick these up?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can someone remind me what the hangup w/ the current chinos is? They're on sale at the moment and I'm pretty curious as I'm lacking in chinos but I recall Rick saying they didn't turn out as anticipated - was this specifically for the contemporary fit ones? Did anybody pick these up?

They are fine for about 80% of folks. I'm wearing a pair right now, fit me perfectly fine and fit a lot of people who try the in store quite well. We just want to make them better.

All we're doing is tinkering with the leg shape, the amount of taper, the rise, etc.

NickInTO

Reaction score

I stopped in and bought a couple of pairs of the slim fit today. The contemporary could use a bit more taper below the knee and the rise on both cuts could be a little higher. I'm 6'2" and the in-seam is just barely long enough.

All that being said, the slim fits have a nice shape for a more casual look and you won't find better quality chinos for $40 (or even $75-80). The weight of them is really nice.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spier & Mackay runs sales about 3-4x a year (Thanksgiving, holiday season, summer - at least) but there's no code at the moment. That said new items are being dropped over the next month and you may be able to get a pre-order discount. Additionally a lot of items are on sale now. And if you live in the US it's already 25% off w/ the conversion. Which is all to say, S&M is already an incredible value!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads