• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JTrent82

Reaction score
The one weird thing about the sack jacket (there was only ever one sack i think?), was they made all the pockets smaller.

I actually kinda liked the smaller chest pocket at first and had a custom SC done asking for the pockets from the sack jacket. However, what I didn't realize from the sack pics online was the lower hip patch pockets are smaller too, which I think look weird and don't reflect any vintage ivy tailoring that I've ever seen. I wish I'd just opted for the normal pockets on that SC I had made.

Do you like the smaller pockets?
No I don't. Their first attempt at the sack jacket was an abortion imo. But I have faith that they can get it right on their second go. I mean all they have to do is copy a vintage J Press. No need to reinvent the wheel.

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No I don't. Their first attempt at the sack jacket was an abortion imo. But I have faith that they can get it right on their second go. I mean all they have to do is copy a vintage J Press. No need to reinvent the wheel.
How hard is it to ship one to the factory and deconstruct?

ElliotG

Reaction score
The new images look AI generated. Awful
I was about to disagree with you, but I checked the website quick just to be sure (I wouldn't want to be WRONG on the INTERNET for crying out loud).

Anyway, you are right. Check out the pics for the medium gray Travel Suit. The model's neck and chin look like they belong to a 25 y.o. finance bro, but his hands look like he's been working the fields since the Carter administration.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new images look AI generated. Awful
I don't care enough to be bothered by them, but hard to disagree. As I mentioned with the polos, the images don't look like clothes being worn by real humans.

Honestly, as long as they get the color mostly right (past seasons seemed to trend toward being a bit darker IRL, I'd say), that's all I need IRT photography. I don't need to get a feel for how a suit fits on a 140 pound beanpole lol.

SteveMc

Reaction score
Am I seeing right? high-rise flat front trousers?

8951-SC01_%202-Model.jpg

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I see that the High Twist Cotton t shirts are available now. Would someone enlighten me why I would want to spend the $$ for a high twist cotton vs the other cotton/modal ones? Not familiar with high twist cotton

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does S&M have a spring summer suit that is quarter lined in staple colors that has the lightly padded or unpadded shoulders? Spalla camicia?

Rhodia

Reaction score
I don't care enough to be bothered by them, but hard to disagree. As I mentioned with the polos, the images don't look like clothes being worn by real humans.

Honestly, as long as they get the color mostly right (past seasons seemed to trend toward being a bit darker IRL, I'd say), that's all I need IRT photography. I don't need to get a feel for how a suit fits on a 140 pound beanpole lol.
I agree with the @ericgereghty on color. Look past the model photos to the product shot itself and then keep in mind it's going to be a shade darker. I've found this to be the case with other retailers as well.

Picked up a couple of these and I can confirm that the olive is slightly darker. These polos are a good value IMO. Just don't pull the waist band ribbing halfway down your a** like they're styled on the model.

1711207770246.jpeg
1711207926234.jpeg

JTrent82

Reaction score
I agree with the @ericgereghty on color. Look past the model photos to the product shot itself and then keep in mind it's going to be a shade darker. I've found this to be the case with other retailers as well.

Picked up a couple of these and I can confirm that the olive is slightly darker. These polos are a good value IMO. Just don't pull the waist band ribbing halfway down your a** like they're styled on the model.

View attachment 2154341 View attachment 2154343
I just took delivery for one of these polos and I don't want to hyperbolize but I was revulsed by the texture of the fabric. I was expecting the soft almost merino quality of the polo sweaters from last year but these are not those. If it didn't have a fabric tag I would have guessed it was all poly. Same goes for the two-ply tees that came with it. I'll be returning them both.

edit: Also got a pair of olive chinos that aren't olive. Closer to sage. In this instance at least, the color is lighter than the product photos suggest.

Last edited:

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I see that the High Twist Cotton t shirts are available now. Would someone enlighten me why I would want to spend the $$ for a high twist cotton vs the other cotton/modal ones? Not familiar with high twist cotton
Ended up asking Rick. He said these ones are a high twist knit cotton t-shirt, almost like a breathable summer sweater.

I think I’m going to go with the cotton/modal to replace my 1st Gen S&M t shirts

Rhodia

Reaction score
I just took delivery for one of these polos and I don't want to hyperbolize but I was revulsed by the texture of the fabric. I was expecting the soft almost merino quality of the polo sweaters from last year but these are not those. If it didn't have a fabric tag I would have guessed it was all poly. Same goes for the two-ply tees that came with it. I'll be returning them both.

edit: Also got a pair of olive chinos that aren't olive. Closer to sage. In this instance at least, the color is lighter than the product photos suggest.
High-twist cotton definitely has a texture to it, akin to fresco. Certainly not as soft as the merino polos from Fall (which I like as well). I've found these ones very breathable, if not as soft as a brushed or slub cotton would be.

Sam L

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the non high rise jeans? How are they in terms of quality and comfort? I only plan on wearing them casually so I don't need them to be high rise necessarily, as long as the rise is not uncomfortable.

Also in particular, does anyone have these jeans and can comment on whether the fade lines on these look natural? https://www.spierandmackay.com/product/light-antique-wash---denim-law-cden-ss22

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads