• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

classicoutfits

Reaction score

LOVE the herringbone one. how can we make this a reality?

blewnote1

Reaction score
Thanks @blewnote1, @1st Step @WoolyLamb I fear the 38 would have required shoulder surgery but maybe I can try on my next order. I have a 36 slim (see below) which has a tidier back but a bit of a flare problem I am hoping a good tailor can get the seersucker jacket where it needs to be but I have always struggled with the 36/38 conundrum.

I have to say I’m a little disappointed with the chinos, there is a fair bit of pocket flare and they are not particularly comfortable. I think if I were in Canada or the US I’d send them back but as I’m down under I’ll see if I can get a tailor to let out the seat and see if that helps. They were only $70 so not the end of the world if I can’t make them work

I'm not a tailor, but I'm guessing that flare is again because it's too small for your waist/hips. It makes me think even more you should try sizing up for Spier even if you're a solid 36 in jackets for other companies.

Looking at the size chart for the contemp, going from a 36 to a 38 only adds an additional 0.4" in the shoulders (only 0.2" per side), and with Spier's relaxed shoulder fit I don't see it really being a problem. But that would give you another 1.6" around the waist and an undetermined but larger amount in the hips that I think would result in a cleaner back and no flaring. Plus it will be more comfortable, enjoy the room to move! And you wouldn't have to let out the waist on your pants. I highly recommend trying a 38 contemp.

Testudo_Aubreii

Reaction score
Thanks @blewnote1, @1st Step @WoolyLamb I fear the 38 would have required shoulder surgery but maybe I can try on my next order. I have a 36 slim (see below) which has a tidier back but a bit of a flare problem I am hoping a good tailor can get the seersucker jacket where it needs to be but I have always struggled with the 36/38 conundrum.
Also worth trying 38 Slim. You may well be a 37 Contemporary. Too bad it's only offered in MTO.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOVE the herringbone one. how can we make this a reality?
Reach out to Rick on IG and tell him that you're interested in it if he brings it RTW. I tried to persuade him to bring it to the lineup this FW half a year ago but he had already put the current FW lineup into production.

We are a couple that are trying to persuade him to bring it for next FW instead. The more people that shows interest, the higher the chances of it being featured in next year's FW lineup.

Another option is to acquire it through MTO service. The current price is $1200 for half canvas construction. RTW price will be in the vicinity of $648.

Last edited:

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Nelton First off I want to say I love all the colors. I was checking out that seersucker too but I am on the fence between that and full linen.

I would agree with the others and likely I am in the same boat between 40R Comp and either 42R slim or Comp. Below is my example that is similar. Oatmeal is 40R and the green is 42L. Ignore the total length on L as it is too long albeit close.

View attachment 2027233 View attachment 2027235 View attachment 2027237 View attachment 2027239 View attachment 2027241 View attachment 2027243

I like the length of the 42L on you, for a more classic fit!

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like SM not offering the usual flannel suits this season unless MTO?
$698 for minnis flannel MTO suits is a steal though. Available in mid gray and navy. If I didn't have one of each from another mill already I'd grab them both in a heartbeat. I still might actually, but in another configuration (DB vs SB).

Last edited:

AltNameTK

Reaction score
I'm on the fence about getting an item with the $100 off sportcoat sale. You guys think prices will go lower? There seems to be a fair amount of stock at the item I'm looking at.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm on the fence about getting an item with the $100 off sportcoat sale. You guys think prices will go lower? There seems to be a fair amount of stock at the item I'm looking at.
Probably will, but no guarantee your size will still be in stock.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ehhhhh, maybe, depending on listed price. Don't think it would be enough to stay my hand over something I REALLY wanted, considering even with the most expensive suiting options out there, you're only liable to save ~$30 or so extra if they hit 20% off.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads