• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It really is going to be an expensive fall... Sportcoats, cardigans, shoes... probably some cotton trou.

Maybe you could do something where if you buy head to toe Spier & Mackay you get a prize? shoes, pants, shirts, sweaters, sportcoats?

:hide:

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Those looks great Rick! I'm in for some cardigans for sure. What colours will you be bringing in? And do you have an estimated price range youre aiming for?

7 colour. Black, Bright Navy, Burgundy, Dk. Green, Lt. Heather Gray, Charcoal Heather Gray, And like a Burnt Yellow kind of colour. Hard to explain the last one, but it's a great colour for fall.

Prices updated in the orginal post.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It really is going to be an expensive fall... Sportcoats, cardigans, shoes... probably some cotton trou.

Maybe you could do something where if you buy head to toe Spier & Mackay you get a prize? shoes, pants, shirts, sweaters, sportcoats?

:hide:

Shoes may not be out in time for fall. Maybe late fall/Early Winter if we're lucky. We probably wouldn't release shoes if they were to come by winter. Early spring is the best bet.

We are thinking of running some contests come fall, so who knows!

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoes may not be out in time for fall. Maybe late fall/Early Winter if we're lucky. We probably wouldn't release shoes if they were to come by winter. Early spring is the best bet.

We are thinking of running some contests come fall, so who knows!

Looking forward to it all!

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Again, probably not buying as I live in Houston (watch me buy all your tweed this fall, lol) but it's amazing to see your brand continue to grow. I have loved pretty much everything from this season. The popovers get so much wear, both at work and casually.

CO335d

Reaction score
Anyone looking for Button Dollar Collar Dress Shirts? We don't run them at the moment, but I know that it's fairly popular in the USA. Obviously BB and Kamakura run a lot of them. Is it a viable item to run? We're thinking of running a small group to test them out.
Absolutely! If you do them, is there any chance you can do them with your further spaced first button placement? Haha, just a thought...

flvinny521

Reaction score
and it seems to also somehow pop over my jacket lapels at the sides of the collar (maybe I need a pick to explain this).

I had this same problem as well. I was trying to figure out a fix for it but I gave up in lieu of having a shirt made for me while on vacation and I'm hoping to send this in to be copied.

Do you have sloped shoulders, dropped shoulder, and/or narrow shoulders with a large chest? That seems to be the recipe that causes many of my issues.

flvinny521

Reaction score
@spiermackay Your "What's New" section only has one item in it. Do items just get purged from there automatically after a certain amount of time?

TheVirt

Reaction score
Do the 3-roll-2 sport jackets have softer shoulders or less roping than the 2-button jackets? Seems so from product pictures but I can't say for sure.

I'm looking for a solid navy blazer alternative that isn't as boring as just a solid navy without any texture and I'm stuck between the various blue options (navy hopsacks, blue herringbone, blue/red check, blue gun check). Any recommendations?

pmestrad

Reaction score
Anyone own the chinos? Wondering if they are summer weight or are too thick to be good for summer heat. Any reviews from anyone?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For discussion.

We're thinking to start transitioning to multiple sleeve lengths for fall. To transition to to these a few sizes right now would be affected. a 15.5 contemporary for example.

Conventionally, for example, a 35 sleeve would actually measure out to 35 1/2", the 1/2" being shrinkage margin. We currently, list our sleeves exactly how they come. Our 35 actually measure to 35".

If we start offering multiple sleeves, say a 33, 34, 35, to keep on par with other brands and conventional sizing, these would actually be 33 1/2, 34 1/2 and 35 1/2 respectively. What will happen is that, for example the 35 sleeve on the 15.5 will increase to 35 1/2, but we'll also offer a 33 and 34 (33 1/2" & 34 1/2") sleeve. So essentially, folks who currently purchase the 15.5 with the current 35 sleeve as is, will be affected.

The 16.5 would also be affected. The rest of the sizes would have an equivalent.

To those who wear the 15.5 contemporary, how would this affect your purchase?

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For discussion.

We're thinking to start transitioning to multiple sleeve lengths for fall. To transition to to these a few sizes right now would be affected. a 15.5 contemporary for example.

Conventionally, for example, a 35 sleeve would actually measure out to 35 1/2", the 1/2" being shrinkage margin. We currently, list our sleeves exactly how they come. Our 35 actually measure to 35".

If we start offering multiple sleeves, say a 33, 34, 35, to keep on par with other brands and conventional sizing, these would actually be 33 1/2, 34 1/2 and 35 1/2 respectively. What will happen is that, for example the 35 sleeve on the 15.5 will increase to 35 1/2, but we'll also offer a 33 and 34 (33 1/2" & 34 1/2") sleeve. So essentially, folks who currently purchase the 15.5 with the current 35 sleeve as is, will be affected.

The 16.5 would also be affected. The rest of the sizes would have an equivalent.

To those who wear the 15.5 contemporary, how would this affect your purchase?

The half inch extra length on the 15.5 contemporary to 35.5 would be great for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads