• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Dirk

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply. I don't think my suit is tight quite in the same way yours appear to be. Here's a picture of the back of my jacket:

View attachment 798506

Looking at this photo, I'm actually rather happy with it and probably won't bother having a tailor mess with it to try to clean up the slight winkle in the upper middle area. My dropped right shoulder is evident, but the back remains relatively clean regardless. As I mentioned, its a tad tight in the upper arms, but this should be alleviated when I drop a few lbs.

Overall, very happy with the value S&M offers OTR in these new suits. I went ahead and ordered a blue sharkskin Neapolitan as well as the medium gray peak lapel model. It will be my first peak lapel suit and I'm looking forward to adding it to my wardrobe. :nodding:
Thanks for getting back to me, I've decided to try sizing up; already started the exchange process.

That suit looks pretty great on you as is, hope you enjoy the new ones you ordered!

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
University stripe oxford today. The collar is awesome on them, eventually I need to do a custom order for some staple oxfords and perfect my fit.

View attachment 798117

Looks great! Details on the tie? Is that an unlined grenadine grossa?

@SJR3 I think that looks pretty darn good man. Maybe a steamer could take out the wrinkles, as it doesn't seem to actually be pulling. I could be wrong, but it's worth a shot. Enjoy the new suit(s)!

Thanks! Actually, just having had the suit hanging on a good suit hanger for a few days seems to have taken care of most of the bunching/wrinkling I initially experienced in the upper back right out of the box.

Thanks for getting back to me, I've decided to try sizing up; already started the exchange process.

That suit looks pretty great on you as is, hope you enjoy the new ones you ordered!

Thanks! Good call for you to size up. Although didn't you say you already had size 44 in the new suits, which is the largest they're available in?

The Dirk

Reaction score
Looks great! Details on the tie? Is that an unlined grenadine grossa?

Thanks! Actually, just having had the suit hanging on a good suit hanger for a few days seems to have taken care of most of the bunching/wrinkling I initially experienced in the upper back right out of the box.

Thanks! Good call for you to size up. Although didn't you say you already had size 44 in the new suits, which is the largest they're available in?
Yeah, the 44 was the largest size in the blue sharkskin and the charcaol options, so I'm exchanging for the blue herringbone and the light gray. We'll see what comes of it.

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Will the Neapolitan cut be making it's way to sport jackets? Would love to see navy and blue hopsack. Maybe light brown linen blend with 3 patch pockets.

I was wondering this as well. I'd buy a navy/blue hopsack in a heartbeat.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Will the Neapolitan cut be making it's way to sport jackets? Would love to see navy and blue hopsack. Maybe light brown linen blend with 3 patch pockets.

A modified version of it will be. The difference it won't have the negative belly in the lapel. But the rest is the same.

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A modified version of it will be. The difference it won't have the negative belly in the lapel. But the rest is the same.
Can you show an example? Don't see anything wrong with the cut, but don't make it full bellied lapel.

If anything, I'd leave the lapel as-is and open up the quarters more for a jacket

Last edited:

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Can you show an example? Don't see anything wrong with the cut, but don't make it full bellied lapel.

If anything, I'd leave the lapel as-is and open up the quarters more for a jacket

I completely agree.

exfalso

Reaction score

It would be lovely.

I did notice that we didn't really get any summer sportcoats; I'd be really happy if Rick could come up with Neapolitan summer sportcoats with lighter fabric, especially since it is difficult to do MTM online.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay Just tried on the neopolitan suit - I'm pretty happy w/ the cut, the pants will need some major work (as expected) but what surprised me is how strong the shoulders feel. I'm comparing to your copper linen suit and your navy 3-roll-2 hopsack. In addition to the wider lapel, what is this difference attributed to? I think I was expecting a shoulder like on the two aforementioned jackets so I'm a little disappointed. Going to let the jacket settle on a hanger and maybe post a picture or two to get people's input before I decide to keep or return.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maladroit_