• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey what? I just received the Blue Pin Texture suit I ordered. The picture and description show patch pockets and butterfly lining; this thing has flap pockets and a full lining. The tag says "Blue Pin Texture," so it has the right name, but it's not the suit I ordered. It was final sale, but I have to send it back, anyway. Sad day.

Whaaaaa??? That sucks. :(

9.5'' and 9.75''. The asymmetry is not extremely noticeable... until you notice it.

View attachment 1219995

Am I just nitpicking?

Yeh, I can't unsee it now. :(

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey what? I just received the Blue Pin Texture suit I ordered. The picture and description show patch pockets and butterfly lining; this thing has flap pockets and a full lining. The tag says "Blue Pin Texture," so it has the right name, but it's not the suit I ordered. It was final sale, but I have to send it back, anyway. Sad day.
This would not bother me. I would wear it as 3 season suit. My brother in law absolutely loves his texture.

9.5'' and 9.75''. The asymmetry is not extremely noticeable... until you notice it.

View attachment 1219995

Am I just nitpicking?

Agree with Justin. Can't unsee that :(

ULCajun

Reaction score
How much can SM jacket sleeves be shortened? I’m tempted to try an R length over an S in order to get a lower button stance. The sleeve length is usually perfect off the rack with S. I’m afraid an R would require quite a bit of shortening

zadams917

Reaction score

Same happened with mine, debating if I want to keep it or send it back

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How much can SM jacket sleeves be shortened? I’m tempted to try an R length over an S in order to get a lower button stance. The sleeve length is usually perfect off the rack with S. I’m afraid an R would require quite a bit of shortening

I get about 7-8" (don't go there) lopped off the sleeves now that I buy Long size for the extra body length and lower button stance. No problems, though on the cigar linen jacket the tailor did suggest narrowing the sleeves a bit with a taper close to the cuffs.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same happened with mine, debating if I want to keep it or send it back
Thanks for chiming in, @zadams917 —I thought I was the only one, out of all the guys who ordered that suit, who got something different. It’s still a nice suit, but I have limited closet space, and enough fully-lined blue suits with flap pockets. I’ll keep my eyes open for something like what I thought I was getting this time.

Last edited:

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like you guys might have gotten last years Navy Pin Texture instead of this years Blue Pin Texture

mlstein

Reaction score
Looks like you guys might have gotten last years Navy Pin Texture instead of this years Blue Pin Texture
That's an interesting thought. I needed a navy court suit and wanted the Navy Pin Texture; it showed availability in my size but I could never add it to my cart. I tried this any number of times. If they were in the warehouse but misclassified that might explain the combination of apparent availability and actual unavailability.

I ended up buying the navy tropical wool, which arrives today.

c.bisesar

Reaction score
Drago light grey, this season. The fabric is amazing.

Probably my favorite sportcoat I've gotten so far - great texture and color.

Do pockets on this SC look right to you all? I thought they supposed to go vertical, not angled into a V-shape. Edit: they do not seem to be level either.

View attachment 1219942

Oof, hard to unsee. I'll check mine to see if there's a noticeable difference in the pocket placement.

BeraQueezy

Reaction score

Damn man. I saw there was another blue texture/navy texture suit that had flap pockets. Sounds like inventory was logged incorrectly.

Hate it had to be you

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I have a blue pin texture in contemporary 44 with patch pockets that I might not keep if anyonei s interested

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not really related to anything, but I thought this texture comparison between a 100% linen PRL shirt and 92/8 linen/silk S&M pants was interesting:
7D857255-1E3E-4C9E-AE55-A21E9EBB7DEE.jpeg

Though, side adjusters are always relevant.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads