• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Raw

Reaction score
How do you wear it as a suit? The color seems very bright mustard yellow which when combined even I thought it won't see much use. Separately worn it's a different story.
Haven’t had a chance to play around with combos yet. Jacket came in this week and is still at the tailor. Primarily I will be wearing as separates.

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When would you wear the black suit? I always thought that navy and charcoal grey were a better, more versatile choice than black, which tends to be very stark.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When would you wear the black suit? I always thought that navy and charcoal grey were a better, more versatile choice than black, which tends to be very stark.

I have the other 2 already, but there are occasions such as a few weddings where I am part of the ceremonies and have been asked to wear black.

sid11111

Reaction score
Just catching up on ironing this afternoon and I’m reminded how much I love this madras linen button-down collar popover from a few years ago:

View attachment 1181945

Pretty sure this is 100% cotton madras boss. I have one and I agree the fabric is pretty fantastic. The only downside is those sleeves shrunk to the point that they were comical so I now have a 15.5 slim vintage red madras check popover with probably 31in sleeves that I'll sadly never wear again.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure this is 100% cotton madras boss. I have one and I agree the fabric is pretty fantastic. The only downside is those sleeves shrunk to the point that they were comical so I now have a 15.5 slim vintage red madras check popover with probably 31in sleeves that I'll sadly never wear again.

That sucks. Can you have it turned into a short sleeve shirt?

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would love the mtm program to offer high quality cotton fabric under $200 us for dress chinos with either single or double pleat. Very hard to find these days.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any thoughts on the Navy Donegal?

I have the jacket.

15AE3013-787D-413B-8D4A-0B1255053786.jpeg
A976FBA3-5840-4510-AD4B-5FC5E2CBCAFF.jpeg
85DEDBCC-3644-41DF-85B5-B6B59B3C5CD2.jpeg

counselor

Reaction score
Can anyone who has gotten this season unpadded two button jacket comment to the fit vs neo cut?

I've received 38R Contemporary in both - they're nearly identical.

The Neo is 1" longer in the back. I also feel like the Neo has a slightly narrower armhole and arm width, but I may be imagining that.

They're at the tailor, so I can't tell you right now. I'm also having the sleeves narrowed, so I won't be able to tell you when I get them back, either.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've received 38R Contemporary in both - they're nearly identical.

The Neo is 1" longer in the back. I also feel like the Neo has a slightly narrower armhole and arm width, but I may be imagining that.

They're at the tailor, so I can't tell you right now. I'm also having the sleeves narrowed, so I won't be able to tell you when I get them back, either.
So if I usually wear 38R Contemp, I would order 38S in the Neo?

Last edited:

Octobab

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before, but do the 40r suits ship by default with 33 or 34 waist trousers?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads