• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reaction score

cloud82

Reaction score
The Madras OTR I picked up last summer is still my favourite shirt so these are right up my alley. Rick, do you have some of these swatches in store? I want to swing by when I'm in town next to place an order and take a look (Also need a few minor adjustments made to my profile).

The swatches for all 6 Madras are in the store.
I took a look yesterday and ordered a couple. (missed them last year)

jamie411

Reaction score

Just picked up my re-made shirt and the other two that were part of my balance from the post office. Here are some pics. These photos don't do any justice to the collars, but in real-life they look good. The pinpoint oxford material on the spread collar shirts were listed as indigo and pink. The pink is especially nice, and I would recommend it if you are looking for a staple pale pink dress shirt. 

Rick - perhaps in future photos a shirt button could be placed on the fabric. That's all I'd need to understand how wide any stripes would be.

Nice collars, which spread did you go with on these?

Also, I second the request for a button (or other point of reference) in the images for the custom fabrics!

Last edited:

llltronlll

Reaction score
Looking at your OTR suits. Any further details available? Also, can you list measurements for your longs? They arent on the website.

Thanks!

Edit: I see them now. Sorry for my confusion. Free bump.... :)

Last edited:

jcksn

Reaction score
When will size 16 dress shirts be restocked? Particularly the ones with a mostly white and/or mostly blue background?

Spex

Reaction score
Nice collars, which spread did you go with on these?

I ordered the Classic Semi-Spread, but asked that the collar points be extended from 3 1/8" to 3 1/4", and also that the collars be unlined and unfused, like my Kamakura shirts. Turned out fairly well, however the collar tips don't seem to touch my shirt, with or without collar stays, which I find a bit odd. I believe the cloth on the outer part of the collar needs to be a certain amount larger than on the inner side to allow for the fact that the collar is folded down. Perhaps the cloth is near the same size on both sides causing the collar to be pulled up. Will see what happens after a few washes.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

When will size 16 dress shirts be restocked? Particularly the ones with a mostly white and/or mostly blue background?

Hopefully by next week. Shipment has already finished production on a restock and shipped out.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I ordered the Classic Semi-Spread, but asked that the collar points be extended from 3 1/8" to 3 1/4", and also that the collars be unlined and unfused, like my Kamakura shirts. Turned out fairly well, however the collar tips don't seem to touch my shirt, with or without collar stays, which I find a bit odd. I believe the cloth on the outer part of the collar needs to be a certain amount larger than on the inner side to allow for the fact that the collar is folded down. Perhaps the cloth is near the same size on both sides causing the collar to be pulled up. Will see what happens after a few washes.

The underside of the collar is cut slightly smaller. Fresh out of the package the collar where it meets the band, right at the front isn't broken down by our pressman. Give it a wash and an iron it will settle down nicely.

Otte

Reaction score
Rick, what's the difference between lining and fusing in relation to collars? You explained it briefly the other day but it was a bit much for me to take in
lol8[1].gif

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Rick, what's the difference between lining and fusing in relation to collars? You explained it briefly the other day but it was a bit much for me to take in
lol8[1].gif

Lining is a an extra piece of fabric that is inserted between the cloth of the collar. A fused lining is attached using an adhesive. This makes a stiffer, crisper collar. Lining can also be unfused, which it is sewn into the collar rather than glued. This will make for a softer collar. It will show a bit of wrinkling and lacks refinement, but that is also the appeal and charm of it.

DomoKun

Reaction score
Hey Rick, is the Ocean blue suit similar to medium blue? I'm sorry if it is a dumb question as I've never seen medium blue before and the internet seems to have a wide range of interpretations to what medium blue is.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First outing of my first S&M mtm shirt. I'm still waiting for the other two. I really dig the collar.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Rick, is the Ocean blue suit similar to medium blue? I'm sorry if it is a dumb question as I've never seen medium blue before and the internet seems to have a wide range of interpretations to what medium blue is.

They are quite different in colour. The Bright Medium Blue is like a a really bright version of a Navy. The saturation is turned way up. The Ocean blue is much softer, like a powder or baby blue.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads