1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

I wear my linen untucked

2. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

I've actually been very impressed with the pattern matching, it's spot on with my madras shirts and flannels.

Unlike this laughable job I noticed on one of the J Crew madras.

[​IMG]

I think the extra material is split between the front and back evenly. With the extra cost of having a tailor take in the waist on the contemporary it might just be worth getting a custom 3 shirt bundle.

I kind of did the same thing going to the 15.5 contemporary, but I have been liking my shirts fitting with a bit more room so it has worked out and I did not have any of the waists taken in. I will say the contemporary seems to have a larger arm hole and sleeve width compared to slims that I am not a huge fan of. Something I would adjust on future custom orders.

3. wheresbrando

wheresbrando Member

Makes sense to go with custom. Only thing is is that I don't see the new madras patterns in the custom selection.

4. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

http://www.spierandmackay.com/search.php?srchtext=madras

Here you go, a lot of pics from the site aren't showing up for me though until you click in on the product.

5. Burke

Burke Well-Known Member

Thanks Rick. I've been checking and haven't seen a change. Has it been updated yet or did I miss out again. Thanks

6. spiermackay

spiermackay Senior member Affiliate Vendor

They have been updated. What colour/size were you looking for?

Custom, we're pretty much sold out of linen for the season.

7. Spex

Spex Senior member

Anyone else's linen shirt have a tag that says "100% Cotton"?

8. losrockets

losrockets Senior member

So the cotton linen blends are available OTR? Nice! Spread collar I presume? Can't wait to buy these once they hit the website.

9. spiermackay

spiermackay Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I just grabbed one. Factory goofed the label. These are 100% Linen. Can have them tested even. But should be pretty obvious in the way they perform.

10. Burke

Burke Well-Known Member

I was looking for 14.5 slim in light blue

11. Spex

Spex Senior member

They are clearly linen, and I must say, much softer linen than my Kamakura linen shirt, which is somewhat stiff.

Anyways, it happens to the best of them. I ordered a cotton suit from Brooks Brothers and the label inside the jacket says 100% wool! The matching trousers had the correct label, though.

12. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

After spending a few weeks with the new linens and madras I have to admit I really love the button placement and the exclusion of the box pleat, perfect design changes to them. Thanks to the guys who suggested the clean back, honestly the fit difference is so marginal compared to having the box pleat but it is such a clean fit look without it. You guys may have converted me.

13. scatterbrain

scatterbrain Senior member

I noticed this too. This year's light blue linen is noticeably softer and better cut than last year's linens.

14. kopo

kopo Well-Known Member

I'm having the same problem with their Polo shirts. I'm 6' tall, and the XL covers my rear entirely. Will probably have to return the 4 shirts I just purchased.

15. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

For me it depends on what I'm wearing it for and how long the shirt is. If it's stand alone without a sportcoat, then I like the untucked look to keep it more casual assuming it's not too long. Having said that, I still go both ways and have worn them untucked and tucked with both shorts and chinos. However, if it's below your butt, then there's no way I would wear it untucked.

I need to give these linen shirts a try. I have two Kamakura linen shirts from this spring and love them, but I agree they aren't the softest linen out there. I love both S&M and Kamakura for shirts, as the slim fit and Tokyo slim, respectively, fit me almost perfectly. I do own more shirts from S&M, however.

16. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

I really need to wear linen this weekend. I will try to get pics for you guys

17. CoolGuySmooth

CoolGuySmooth New Member

Hey Rick,

When you have a moment, any word on when those coveted chinos might finally be up on the site? And echoing from a previous post, what colors these might be available in?

Thanks for taking out the time to respond to posts here regularly!

18. flvinny521

flvinny521 Senior member

Just received my first linen shirt and I too got a tag that says 100% cotton. The shirt is great, but I wish the forearm was a bit roomier to allow the sleeves to be rolled. Any chance the linen will ever be available as MTM?

19. dannyphones

dannyphones New Member

I got two in m2m.

1 person likes this.
  20. gbandi

gbandi Senior member

When do the pinpoint oxfords arrive?
    When does the 3 shirt bundle pricing start again?