• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NoNameNecessary

Reaction score
I wore my first S&M suit today, it is the solid navy staple, standard cut. One thing I noticed though, the chest pocket is much more slanted than what I am used to with Italian brands. Then I check the website, the navy staple chest pocket does look much more slanted than others. How many chest pocket style does S&M have? For such slanted pocket, a white line TV fold PS is not working IMO, did anyone try a TV fold with the slanted chest pocket?

Add: It's more than just the slanted pocket, some jackets have lapels only cover a little of chest pocket while others have lapels cover more than half of the chest pocket. How do you wear pocket square in those?

Last edited:

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps a dumb question, but does S&M suiting/SC's come with hangers/garment bag/etc?
Not important one way or the other, but curious if I'd need to purchase new hangers.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wore my first S&M suit today, it is the solid navy staple, standard cut. One thing I noticed though, the chest pocket is much more slanted than what I am used to with Italian brands. Then I check the website, the navy staple chest pocket does look much more slanted than others. How many chest pocket style does S&M have? For such slanted pocket, a white line TV fold PS is not working IMO, did anyone try a TV fold with the slanted chest pocket?

Add: It's more than just the slanted pocket, some jackets have lapels only cover a little of chest pocket while others have lapels cover more than half of the chest pocket. How do you wear pocket square in those?

I absolutely hate when a lapel doesn't cover the chest pocket. But that's a personal preference. About the slanted chest pocket or barchetta, I love it. I use any fold. Some spoilered examples:

44303656281_599ee3c65d_b.jpg

41829360300_e409e5778f_b.jpg

I hate this, lapel not covering the chest pocket:

29729474468_086b5cc9a6_b.jpg

cakv

Reaction score
While we're on the topic, all of my SM shirts droop a bit at the top of the placket right by the collar just like in this picture. Any idea what causes this? Is it just a symptom of a french placket?

Would some sort of interlining in the placket help with this?
Bump, does anyone have a solution?

Nemesis_4

Reaction score
My best fit is a 36 contemporary, but i can also fit 38 slim and it's very very close, from my experience

Same for me- 36s contemporary is my best fit though I gave the 38s slim a shot on the Abraham moon guncheck of last season- and it worked out well (that said I believe sizing up a chest size was the recommendation)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads