• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay , Rick, could you ask Sherry or John to call me on my cell (they have the #) about 400006056?
I am unable to call them, as 877 # is not working and 905 # goes to machine. Thanks

kammerer66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't get the cord look. It's like you're wearing upholstery from the Nixon administration. I mean, I love my cord pants in the winter, but a full suit in heavy wale?

The cord separates will not be in wide/heavy wale. See the prototype below. Rick indicated that lapels will be reduced somewhat compared to the prototype.

Say what you want about Nixon administration, I'm getting this. The only question is which color.

upload_2018-7-19_8-26-35.png

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thicker, not thick. Thick enough to not be so see through. Timothy at the DT shop and a few customers have already done this with great results.

If you get a VBC fresco pant for $50, where the original price was $128, to change out the lining (including the lining) you will be just below or at the original retail price, possibly less.

I completely misunderstood this, I read it as $50 off the regular price, now if they are $50 and you have a 35 Contemporary, I'm in.

I think most people don't know the difference between a suit and and a sport coat.
True that.

sous bras (sweat pad)
This is something that I really like about S&M, I tend to sweat easily, so if I weat a jacket only for a couple of hours it gets wet and the deodorant passes directly to the fabric. If that makes sense, that why my DB jacket from SuitSupply was sent to the dry cleaners and they shrink it.

RickyTakhar

Reaction score
Red Line is the Sienna correct? We have all the details in our regular suits that the Sienna mentions. Genuine horn buttons, sous bras (sweat pad), soft canvas, natural shoulder (though I can't recal if theirs is padded or unpadded). If you pick up a Guabello 130s then even the cloth is of the same level. $689 - $749 CAD for the Suitsupply. $498 CAD for our Guabello 130s.
@spiermackay Rick what size are the lapels on the 2 button sportcoats, size 42.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The cord separates will not be in wide/heavy wale. See the prototype below. Rick indicated that lapels will be reduced somewhat compared to the prototype.

Say what you want about Nixon administration, I'm getting this. The only question is which color.

View attachment 1006433

I'm thinking green and dark brown would look good in my closet.

omgitswes

Reaction score
I love the look of corduroy but stopped wearing cord trousers just because of the noise. Does that have to do with the quality of corduroy or is it just something you have to live with when wearing it?

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the look of corduroy but stopped wearing cord trousers just because of the noise. Does that have to do with the quality of corduroy or is it just something you have to live with when wearing it?

I have a dozen pair of cords I wear in cooler weather and three cord jackets. None of them make any noise. But my school uniform as a kid always included noisy cords.

I think it varies depending on the material.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Huh? I’d say you need to re-evaluate your fit in a pair of cords if you are making excessive noise.

Also, quality fabric will be softer.

I’ve never really had noisy cords

omgitswes

Reaction score
I have a dozen pair of cords I wear in cooler weather and three cord jackets. None of them make any noise. But my school uniform as a kid always included noisy cords.

I think it varies depending on the material.

Huh? I’d say you need to re-evaluate your fit in a pair of cords if you are making excessive noise.

Also, quality fabric will be softer.

I’ve never really had noisy cords

Possibly could be both the fabrics and fit then. Haven't worn it since high school when I was wearing my pants too tight and probably bought them from TJ Maxx

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Possibly could be both the fabrics and fit then. Haven't worn it since high school when I was wearing my pants too tight and probably bought them from TJ Maxx
The velvet on some needle cords can be fairly coarse, and those can be noisy. The softer velvet is not noisy. My problem with cords as a kid was they looked crappy when the velvet began to wear down. Again, just cheaper product.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're not giving the muggles a fair shake here...I think a majority of people would be able to articulate the difference between a suit, i.e. "matching jacket and pants", and a sport coat. Now, if the question is to differentiate between a suit jacket and a sport coat...they haven't a prayer.

I may be going along with an overstatement in saying "most people," but I am often surprised when people refer to my sport coat/odd trousers combo as "a suit" and even more surprised when people come to an event "in a suit" and it's a jacket and jeans or something similar.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads