Russian Mafia Iguana Skin Wallet...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Pantisocrat, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Pantisocrat

Pantisocrat Senior member

A buddy of mine worked for a Las Vegas bar and grill and found a wallet left on the counter by a client. He took it to a shop to pawn and the owner told him it was made from Iguana skin which is illegal for him to sell and that only Russian Mafia guys have them. So my buddy took it back and put it in the lost bin...a few days later, the owner came back and gave him $200 in tips. The only bizarre thing about this story is that somewhere in the world people make wallet out of Iguana skin. I thought Label King's turtle skin boots were pretty out there. I guess I was wrong LMAO. :cheers:

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

3. MalfordOfLondon

MalfordOfLondon Senior member

Iguana is a fantastic material for SLGs and actually quite widely used.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013

4. Patek

Patek Senior member

Maybe illegal in the US. In other parts of the world, iguanas are widely eaten and their skin is also utilized.

What kind of bar tender pawns his client's wallets? You need better friends.

5. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

+1

6. Bootstrap101

Bootstrap101 New Member

Can you tell me where I can sell my Iguana skin Leather at? No kidding, my Grandmothers home in Puerto Rico is infested with Iguanas, large ones. The Puerto Rican government has deemed Iguanas invasive and an official pest, even better was that last year they passed a law saying that any Puerto Rican citizen was free to hunt the 4 million plus Iguanas on the island and sell them for what ever purpose internationally as long as they registered a business. I never really paid it much mind until now, but I have no idea whom internationally would purchase Iguana meat or the raw Iguana skin leather. IF you guys can point me in the right direction I would most grateful. Help out an ignorant man with a potential product please.