TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by TyCooN, Nov 8, 2009.

1. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

We need a boxing thread.

http://www.thesweetscience.com/boxin...al-mayweather/
    Is fanny pac full of shit? He's the one that EVERYONE, including people who don't know shit about the sport of boxing, wants to to see get an AZZ beating from Floyd "MONEY" Mayweather. That means there will be money, what Floyd continuously claims to be his reason for boxing, coming in from the fight. Anyways, if he feels so responsible for entertaining everyone then he should put out by fighting for less money, since Floyd is the one that's all about the money.

Floyd deserves the lion's share of the purse:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floyd_Mayweather,_Jr.
    Now for the knockout blow:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dream_Match
    Floyd even beats him in numbers.

Floyd "MONEY" Mayweather:
    fanny pac isn't even on the list of the biggest sellers. Floyd already bested Tyson's sales back when Tyson had as many events as Floyd does. Keep in mind that during Tyson's reign boxing was much moar mainstream, and Tyson also happened to be the most popular human being on planet Earth.

Top it all off with the fact that Money Mayweather embarrassed fanny pac's Mexican bestfriend, Marquez, every single round, while many felt fanny pac lost to Marq

[​IMG] to the greatest fighter of our era, Floyd "MONEY" Mayweather

2. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

I still remember the greatest fight I ever saw, Chavez v. Randall I. This was in the time where Chavez was not just defeating everyone, but crushing them. From Greg Haugen to Macho Camacho, it seemed he was knocking out a guy on a monthly basis. The Mexican people loved him too, much more than they would ever love De La Hoya, because he had scars and looked like a fighter. We're not too far apart, but I still think Chavez is the greatest boxer of this era.

3. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

I still remember the greatest fight I ever saw, Chavez v. Randall I. This was in the time where Chavez was not just defeating everyone, but crushing them. From Greg Haugen to Macho Camacho, it seemed he was knocking out a guy on a monthly basis. The Mexican people loved him too, much more than they would ever love De La Hoya, because he had scars and looked like a fighter. We're not too far apart, but I still think Chavez is the greatest boxer of this era.
    Another reason they don't love Oscar so much is that he's not from Mexico. Very nationalistic people.[​IMG]

4. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

Another reason they don't love Oscar so much is that he's not from Mexico. Very nationalistic people.[​IMG]

He is of Mexican decent. Would you like to be Randall "Tex" Cobb to my Larry Holmes?

5. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

He is of Mexican decent. Would you like to be Randall "Tex" Cobb to my Larry Holmes?
    Being of Mexican decent isn't good enough for some of those old school guys. They actually have to be from Mexico. How do you see Nov 14th going? Is fanny pac good enough to bang with a true blue welter in his prime? Is Cotto still the same after losing to Margocheato? Will Cotto be able to stop inertia of fanny pac's hype from destroying dlh and hatton?[​IMG]

6. daft

daft Senior member

Mayweather vs RA the Rugged interview. Everyone should hear this.
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Part 1
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Part 2

7. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

Mayweather vs RA the Rugged interview. Everyone should hear this.

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
    Part 1

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
    Part 2

Mayweather isn't ever going to "win". When he beats fanny pac they'll say fanny was too small, when he beats shane mosley they'll say mosley was too old, when he beats cotto they'll say he was damaged from Margocheato, etc.

He's the Muhammad Ali of our era. Lots of people hate him since he talks a lot of shit, but when he gets in the ring it's game over.

What a lot of people don't know is that Mayweather did call out Mosley TWICE in the past, and each time Mosley would pull the dumbest excuses out of his AZZ. There was the I'm going on a vacation excuse, and then there was I have a toothache.[​IMG]

Floyd isn't alone when he isn't interested in fighting Paul Williams. Paul doesn't have the title of the most avoided fighter in the World for nothing. He took the belt from Margocheato, and he had to jump a weight class since NO ONE wanted to fight him in the welterweight division. Keep in mind that Floyd already had the Marquez fight to prepare for when Paul Williams took the belt. Why not hold every welterweight to the same standard for ducking Paul Williams?[​IMG] We have to look at things from a fighter's perspective. They only fight 2-3 times per a year, there's always a chance to get your AZZ beat, and being beat bad enough will spell the end of a career (see Ricky Hatton). It doesn't make sense to fight a high risk, low reward man like Williams. Paul William's name isn't big enough to get AZZes to fill the seats. Let's be realistic here fighters do it for the money. No one likes to get hit. We can all agree that Mayweather is the KING OF FIGHTING FOR CHECKS. Paul Williams isn't going to bring in the cash.

The radio guy said Floyd is fighting all these smaller people.
    1) It was Marquez who expressed an interest in fighting Floyd
    2) Floyd did come from a lighter weight class, and he did beat bigger fighters (Oscar, Judah, etc)
    3) The thing everyone wants to see is fanny pac getting his AZZ beat by Floyd "MONEY" Mayweather. Guess what? fanny pac IS THE SMALLER GUY

RA goes off about how fanny pac did a better job on Oscar and Hatton.
    1) fanny pac has a much moar aggressive style, so it's only natural that he'll beat them moar viciously than the boxer with a cautious style who overvalues his 0
    2) Floyd fought Oscar when he wasn't dehydrated to death, even roach admits that Oscar was too fucked up from the weight drain for the fanny pac fight. Oscar kept talking about how his body didn't respond. Shit just doesn't break down in a day, that was the effects of dehydration. Hell, even fanny pac got knocked the fuck out when he dehydrated himself to fight in a weight class that was no longer suitable for his frame. Floyd beat an Oscar at his usual weight that could actually go the twelve rounds distance.
    3) Hatton still had the fire and determination when Floyd fought him. Floyd KO'd an undefeated Hatton.

We all know what happens when a fighter receives his first KO defeat, "A prizefighter who gets knocked out or is badly outclassed suffers in a way he will never forget." - Floyd Patterson

Floyd beats shane on points
    Floyd beats cotto on points
    Floyd knocks fanny pac the fuck out
    Floyd embarrasses Paul Williams, and possibly knocks him the fuck out

Paul Williams throws 100 punches a round, but the connect percentage is low. That would be counter punching heaven for Mayweather. Quintana, who isn't even in Money's league, was able to do it in order to receive a victory over Paul Williams.

Styles make fights.

8. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Why do you take these things so personally?

9. daft

daft Senior member

Mayweather is the ali of our era? How ridiculous. Floyd's fans are just as delusional as he is.

10. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

I love Mayweather. Best fight I ever saw (which made me a fan at 15) was his fight against Gatti. Before anyone knew this "Mayweather" guy, I was telling people he was the most exciting fighter ever. He demolished Gatti and, I swear I've watched that bout 30 times.

11. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

Mayweather is the ali of our era? How ridiculous. Floyd's fans are just as delusional as he is.
    Is he not the most SKILLED fighter of our era?[​IMG] That's what separated Ali from everyone else during the Golden Heavyweight Era, he had the highest ring IQ out of any of them. Floyd is the greatest ring general of our times, he doesn't even get hit flush.

12. Vashin

Vashin Senior member

Is he not the most SKILLED fighter of our era?[​IMG] That's what separated Ali from everyone else during the Golden Heavyweight Era, he had the highest ring IQ out of any of them. Floyd is the greatest ring general of our times, he doesn't even get hit flush.

Dude I love mayweather like you but paul williams would be his toughest fight for sure. Stylistically swarmers like paul (with fricken super long arms wtf) have the advantage over counter punchers like mayweather. Ali had a lot of trouble vs fraizer.

It's too bad williams can't fight pavlik that would've been good fight to watch in order to gauge where paul williams is on the pound 4 pound list.

13. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

Dude I love mayweather like you but paul williams would be his toughest fight for sure. Stylistically swarmers like paul (with fricken super long arms wtf) have the advantage over counter punchers like mayweather. Ali had a lot of trouble vs fraizer.

It's too bad williams can't fight pavlik that would've been good fight to watch in order to gauge where paul williams is on the pound 4 pound list.

I agree. Mayweather vs Williams at 154 would be my dream fight right now. I can see Williams doing real good if he utilized his height and reach advantage by fighting tall for all twelve rounds. He would bring out the best of Mayweather. I don't see the fight happening due to money.[​IMG]

14. Vashin

Vashin Senior member

Yea I definitely don't see the fight happening either... I think williams can still fight at 147 (according to him anyways) so that might be the ideal weight for that fight. The interesting paradox that is paul williams is that he doesn't need to fight tall. He's got some great inboxing... check out this punch:

I agree with you that mayweather should be able to dodge/block a lot of william's punches but it will be difficult for mayweather to pull the trigger when he's so concentrated on D. When williams fought wright (the best defensive boxer of his generation), winky was completely befuddled.

I can't wait to find out who mayweather will fight next though, he's made all his past few opponents look silly so far. This weekend should also be an exciting fight, just over a year ago never would I have imagined a pacman - cotto fight (even though it is at a catchweight).

15. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

Yea I definitely don't see the fight happening either... I think williams can still fight at 147 (according to him anyways) so that might be the ideal weight for that fight. The interesting paradox that is paul williams is that he doesn't need to fight tall. He's got some great inboxing... check out this punch:

I agree with you that mayweather should be able to dodge/block a lot of william's punches but it will be difficult for mayweather to pull the trigger when he's so concentrated on D. When williams fought wright (the best defensive boxer of his generation), winky was completely befuddled.

I can't wait to find out who mayweather will fight next though, he's made all his past few opponents look silly so far. This weekend should also be an exciting fight, just over a year ago never would I have imagined a pacman - cotto fight (even though it is at a catchweight).

154, because they'll say Floyd weight drained him if it happens at 147.

How do you see Saturday going?[​IMG]