• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Story of a heroin dealer

Modern Day Adonis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nosu3
Wow very good story, did you write it yourself?
I didn't read it yet but I'm also a writer if you'd like to network (currently working on two stories).

I did not write the story; I don't believe I'd be any good at writing that genre. Not creative or knowledgeable enough.

Originally Posted by leftover_salmon
I'm always surprised by how much drug usage some people *think* goes on at "prestigious" universities...while I never was in the frat crowd, I went through four years at one of these colleges without seeing a line of cocaine.

I was referencing the linked story. Two Ivy League drug busts this month, that's a decent amount imo. Granted the bust at Columbia was only ~11k in drugs, the Cornell girl however, was 150k in heroin.

I'm completely unaware of rampant drug usage, other than amphetamines. That is why I found the two busts surprising.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm always surprised by how much drug usage some people *think* goes on at "prestigious" universities...while I never was in the frat crowd, I went through four years at one of these colleges without seeing a line of cocaine.
You ran in boring circles, then. I didn't see a shitload of coke or anything in undergrad, but it made quasi-regular appearances at parties. Softer stuff like weed, ecstasy, shrooms and the like were about as available as tap water. If anyone was dancing with Mr. Brownstone, I certainly didn't know them. I'm glad I didn't. Looking back at college, I find it hilarious how relatively puritanical the environment was compared to that of my post-graduation life in LA. I've seen enough cocaine at parties here to frighten the ghost of Pablo Escobar. Have also known more than a few H junkies, though I refuse to be present when that **** goes down.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Enough holes in that story to tear it into a million little pieces.

Saw lots of coke at law school, no heroin though.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
Enough holes in that story to tear it into a million little pieces.

:golfclap:

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Van the Man" was part of some of the biggest scores... which are curiously never mentioned again until we need Van to come back and spoil Ferdinand's plan.

Basic story would make a bitching Lifetime movie if you made the dealer a chick.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz
"Van the Man" was part of some of the biggest scores... which are curiously never mentioned again until we need Van to come back and spoil Ferdinand's plan. Basic story would make a bitching Lifetime movie if you made the dealer a chick.
That's actually my biggest frustration with this story: all the foreshadowing and "color commentary" details that are brought up as asides and then abandoned. These are the hallmarks of a novice fiction writer -- someone who is, perhaps, brimming over with excitement at all the possibilities in his head, but who doesn't have the restraint to show and not tell. Don't tell us an interesting detail about what someone will later end up doing unless it's relevant to the story or else enhances it in a real way. Ever hear your grandmother tell a rambling yarn that leads nowhere and contains pointless side details about its characters? "So anyway, that's how I met George, who was actually Zelda's nephew, and as it turned out, Zelda used to run a dairy farm in Wisconsin, which had a lot more cows back then than it does now, and..." The same thing happens a lot in this story, albeit to a much lesser degree.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No offense but most of your friends were probably losers (in the classical sense.)

Saw incredible amounts of coke, molly, ex, even heroin at the "ivy's" I attended.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads