• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

Regis, do you own any brands other than Margiela? Seriously, is MMM the only stuff you like?

Margiela and Orlebar Brown for swimwear since I can't be far from a body of water. That is unless Margiela starts putting out some trunks. I don't plan on fixing what is not broken anytime soon though Margiela offers me both work and play wears with just enough "**** that looks cool" while still staying true to my simple and easy way of wearing them

Nothing's more hopeless that single-brand zealots

:cool:

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I tried almost everything before finding and sticking with Margiela. No joke I might of been all Nom De Guerre had they not gone out of business

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I like NDG, but as someone who saw the collections as they came out 95% of their clothing was awful derivative streetwear junk.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I disagree Teger. They had some misses, but they put a lot of staple pieces from knits, to denim to collaboration pieces that were beautiful and well made

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nothing's more hopeless that single-brand zealots

You think so? I can imagine there's a certain solace in it, and if someone finds that MMM fits them well and really enjoys the artistic vision (which is strong) to the brand, why not? Maybe they enjoy uniformity to style more so than diversification and trying out new designers' visions. It almost reminds me of the well heeled NYC/London guys who find their bespoke tailor and stick w/ him and only him.

Last edited:

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This one.  @oboy_oboy
, the L would probably fit you, if the fit is similar to that of the cardigan.  iirc, you are about a large, right?  I think that it would fit someone with a 42" chest "nornally" pretty well.  Above that, you might be getting in the the "slim" category.  

Thanks Fok. Yeah, I'm perpetually between a Medium and Large in most things though w/ the trend in SNS I'm now more of consistent L with them. I'm more of a 40" chest but my M Fisherman is sorta tight so I think all new SNS are gonna be L's for me. Dig the Army Mix--didn't see many places buy it this season.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MMM

N&F

The Naked and Famous slim shirts are the nicest fitting casual OCBDs I've come across, well built too. Taking a sizing gamble on these MMMs, will probably require some tailoring but I've been after slim black wool dress pants for eons, hope they work!

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You think so? I can imagine there's a certain solace in it, and if someone finds that MMM fits them well and really enjoys the artistic vision (which is strong) to the brand, why not? Maybe they enjoy uniformity to style more so than diversification and trying out new designers' visions. It almost reminds me of the well heeled NYC/London guys who find their bespoke tailor and stick w/ him and only him.

einstine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ive owned over 15 N&F shirts at a period in time "just got rid of the last of them" and the material on all of them besides like 2 was so uncomfortable! and there were loose threads everywhere. Beisdes the shoulders being tight and the collar being to big on me the cut and detail was fantastic. Not a bad shirt for the $40-$50 range.

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ive owned over 15 N&F shirts at a period in time "just got rid of the last of them" and the material on all of them besides like 2 was so uncomfortable! and there were loose threads everywhere. Beisdes the shoulders being tight and the collar being to big on me the cut and detail was fantastic. Not a bad shirt for the $40-$50 range.

I agree with the loose threads.

For me it was the sleeves that were too slim, and the back being too narrow. The shoulders were, IMO, really wide for the slimness of the rest of the shirt. I was wearing the regular cut too.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52