• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent non-Sartorialist Looks

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Pitt goes Ford:

brad-pitt-in-tom-ford-suit.jpg

Ouch....:uhoh:

John Doe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He always looks like **** in suits. He has no idea how a suit should be worn and he always looks like he is wearing his big brothers hand me down.

eltel

Reaction score
Someone saying one should dress their age?

So what is the age difference between Pitt and the previous guy?

John Doe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think the fit has anything to do with being iGent or not. I think Pitt is dressed by stylists who don't know how mens tailored clothing should fit. His suits most always seem at least one size too big, sleeves covering his hands, and trouser legs pooling around his feet. If he would correct those things I think he would look much better in his clothes, but since he is a movie star and most people don't know how mens tailored clothing should properly fit most people thinks he looks snappy.

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That cream suit does not look one size too big. Extended and structured shoulders, clean chest and right skirt length. A nice fit. Just need to adjust the sleeve length and pants hem and its good.

But no, he's not wearing bespoke Rubi with draped chest and relexed and broken in look. He is wearing the polar opposite.

His shoes is as patinated as some Santoni/G&G/EG monstrosity on the shoe thread.

Why the nit pick when WAWYN thread had plenty of worse looking fits that got circle jerked to iGents approved status?

John Doe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, it does fit in the shoulders, chest, and length. I guess I should have said I was speaking generally about his suit fits. I've noticed before that many of his suits look kind of big on him. Like you said this one just needs other adjustments.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He looks pretty good to me. The leery shoes work well with the leery suit. I like the scarf tuck too, but a thinner ascot would have probably worked better. Hey, if anyone can get away with an ascot these days, it's a Hollywood actor.

alloy13

Reaction score
Pitt goes Ford:

brad-pitt-in-tom-ford-suit.jpg

I TOTALLY agree that the burnishing of the toes are too much! It looks as if he stuck his feet into a fire.

Too much break on his trousers as well.

The scarf makes him look like a giraffe.

Somehow, the entire ensemble looks like a cowboy fail.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I TOTALLY agree that the burnishing of the toes are too much! It looks as if he stuck his feet into a fire.

Too much break on his trousers as well.

The scarf makes him look like a giraffe.

Somehow, the entire ensemble looks like a cowboy fail.

Yes

The scarf is just a quirky detail looking awful and then missing the desired effect of quirkiness.

The shoes are just OTT .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads