• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent non-Sartorialist Looks

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Italian street style.

what's Manton doing in Italy, wearing cargo's :confused:

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It might be the slightly higher camera angle playing a bit with perspective, but the top coat buttons look to be a tad lower than usual. I like that since it doesn't quite give the "nipple effect" that I see so many other higher placements have. Same thing with the (seemingly) restrained peaks, not jumping off the shoulder and such nonsense. Great colors, material, proportions and style regardless. Keep repeating, I'm a long way from looking half that good.
I am going to repeat this until everybody looks half a good.

Last edited:

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quote: I do not like the fit or lack of it...

The fit looks good to me. The trouser fabric is only buckling because of the awkward posture (he's leaning back with his lower body to balance the forward lean to look at his watch). I suspect that if he stood normally, it would fall cleanly. The jacket clearly fits well throughout (look at the buttoning point and you can see it couldn't possibly be tighter there, and given that, the fit naturally has to be a little looser to not make the overall jacket silhouette look weird (narrow chest, then having to get bigger across the waist, would be unflattering). I know I like a looser silhouette anyway, so I'm biased, but I do think his fit looks good by any yardstick.

On a different note, I have a new summer jacket in a similar colour (and with similar contrasting buttons) to the cardigan, so some of the other colours in the fit have given me some more ideas on how to wear it. I was always thinking about white shirt and pale grey trousers, but it's interesting how well the tan shoes and the very dark ?brown/?green tie go against it.

Last edited:

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
???

Again, just because something is not shrink-wrapped onto you does not mean it doesn't fit. Will looks better than all but about a half dozen posters on this board.

bertie

Reaction score
Agree that his fit is fine in my view. Some of us simply don't have the kind of shape that allows for sculptured proportions. Someday I want to start a thread on the link between posters who get a lot of thumbs up because they have great proportions versus those who are less ideal in male body form - all things being equal. Not saying that is what is being suggested here but let's face it, clothes look better on more ideally proportioned people (male and female). The rest of us make due with trying our best to match body shape with a given clothing article.

Also - Will like to keep a LOT of things in his pockets.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads