• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sacai is super underrated I feel. Roden Gray also have some pretty great buys this season of Sacai and OAMC. I love Union though especially since XL's are always bought.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Roden Gray always has some good stuff from Sacai and Kolor (another underrated brand)

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with Stubbs & Wootton? Contemplating buying a pair of their UK slippers to round out my black tie rig (for what black tie event I am unsure) but I was hoping someone here had some experience with the shoes themselves and whether they fit TTS, construction/if they're "well made"/etc., and if they look as good in person as online.

Thanks

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

Sacai is super underrated I feel. Roden Gray also have some pretty great buys this season of Sacai and OAMC. I love Union though especially since XL's are always bought.

Underrated here you mean? They had a big installation at le Bon Marché earlier this year and seem to do very well for a niche brand.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah I guess so. I mean they've even got their Nike stuff so they can't be doing bad. I hits mean there aren't many stockists or much mention in North America.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey am I imagining things or is traffic way way down round here? we are way below our usual summer dead cat bounce. should I be posting my boring fits on instagram/tumblr now?

Rais

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have noticed a slowdown here too (in discourse and content) but thought it might have just been because it was summer in the Northern hemisphere. I am enjoying Tumblr but there is not much dialogue or discussion, so I don't think it is an ideal substitute. The demographic appears to be much younger as well.

Naka

Reaction score
I've been struggling with this as well. Styfo is slower than usual this summer, SuFu is practically dead, /fa/ is **** as always, and I don't think I'll like mfa but haven't actually looked. Maybe it's a sign that users like me who don't contribute much content need to step up their game?

Tumblr is okay but I find it lacking in discussion and it falls flat as a source of inspiration when people don't provide sources for images.

I feel like the 'fashun' explosion on instagram and tumblr is attracting all of the lurkers who are passive hobbyists, and preventing them from sticking around here and becoming regular, contributing posters. There's less incentive to invest time and energy joining a community when there's a very large, regularly updated source of content that is conveniently a source of content for other hobbies or interests you may have.

This is all just speculation on my part but the deterioration of the fashion discussion boards I browse is noticeable.

Last edited:

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
y'all wanna see pics of me in sandals, Rick shorts, and a bright orange t-shirt? Cuz that's all I got for this month

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I have noticed a slowdown here too (in discourse and content) but thought it might have just been because it was summer in the Northern hemisphere. I am enjoying Tumblr but there is not much dialogue or discussion, so I don't think it is an ideal substitute. The demographic appears to be much younger as well.

A lot of regular posts have gone as well, which is indirectly causing a lack of content.

Rais

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, that too.

I am practically tethered to a PC 10 hours a day for work, and as I enjoy participating in and reading discussions as much as I do photographs, forums such as this are my preference. I know a lot of people these days who do not even own a computer and engage everything online through their smart phones.There are social media platforms that are more catered to a touch screen interface and both reading and typing lengthy discussions would be a chore for many people compared to simply tapping a "thumbs up" approval of image or video-based content. As that type of user becomes more and more of a majority perhaps places like this will have to consolidate with other communities to continue to exist.

Or maybe it's just a really hot summer up there.

hennree

Reaction score
I dunno. I would have thought summer might stop people posting fits, but not stop visiting the forum altogether.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
btw, I dunno if anyone was paying attention during my pants crisis last week, but I ended up with these. Wide leg, high waist, drop crotch. Super comfy, just passable enough for the office when I wear it with a dress shirt. From a Japanese brand called "mando" that makes a lot of ugly stuff. I bought two pairs in different fabrics.

I'm gonna try and style my work wardrobe around this style of pant

I think it looks fine casual, too:

RPVlQc5.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads