• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Devil's Lair - The ONI Denim Thread

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
First wear of the Oni Black Secret Denim Type II is in the bag. This was the first time I have experienced the original Ayabe spinning factory secret denim and it has a significantly different hand than the regular secret denim. I sincerely hope that they find some other deadstock fabric rolls so we can get our hands on some other pieces. View attachment 2088219

Congratulations, that is truly a beautiful coat and agree with you, that there is always something special about how they used to make their fabric!

-Mike

composite

Reaction score
I really love the ONI Denim Kiraku as well, it is amazing for such a light weight denim. For living in Southern California, these are unstoppable. I now have three pairs of them...

-Mike
I've never bought Oni Denim.

Are the 20z and 15oz jeans too warm for Southern California year round?

qtip.416

Reaction score
Ive followed this thread for a while and have since added some Oni items and love them all. My favourite denin. Just here to share.

ONI 20th Anniversary Olive/Grey Type 3. 19oz 02527P

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Oni 288 Kiwami 16oz Regular Straight

IMG_0961.jpeg

Oni 288ZR-KABEG 20oz Secret Denim Kabukimimi Regular Straight
FullSizeRender.jpeg

Oni 902 Asphalt 20oz Relaxed Tapered.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Last edited:

Terry Mac's 'Tache

Reaction score
Ive followed this thread for a while and have since added some Oni items and love them all. My favourite denin. Just here to share.

View attachment 2127425

Oni 288 Kiwami 16oz Regular Straight size

View attachment 2127431

View attachment 2127427

View attachment 2127429
Some very fine choices there! The type 3 is a legendary item IMO and I treasure my moca weft version. This olive weft version looks like it's going great for you. Love how the Kiwamis are coming along too. Wear these in good health!

Terry Mac's 'Tache

Reaction score

Based on the summers where I am, the 20oz may be a bit heavy on the hottest days. If it's secret denim you are thinking about getting, it's quite a loose weave so it is manageable as long as it's not scorching hot.

I have no experience with 15oz Oni. Which denim are you referring to specifically? The new stretchcy stuff? Ishikawadai? Unsanforized low tension stuff? If you are specific, people here will be able to help

qtip.416

Reaction score
Some very fine choices there! The type 3 is a legendary item IMO and I treasure my moca weft version. This olive weft version looks like it's going great for you. Love how the Kiwamis are coming along too. Wear these in good health!
Thanks! I really appreciate it. Just need to put some well earned wear on them now.

composite

Reaction score
Based on the summers where I am, the 20oz may be a bit heavy on the hottest days. If it's secret denim you are thinking about getting, it's quite a loose weave so it is manageable as long as it's not scorching hot.

I have no experience with 15oz Oni. Which denim are you referring to specifically? The new stretchcy stuff? Ishikawadai? Unsanforized low tension stuff? If you are specific, people here will be able to help
Actually it's 16, not 15 oz. I think it's unsanforized low tension.

It's this one:

288 "Kiwami" 16oz Natural Indigo Selvedge Denim

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

View attachment 2127425

Oni 288 Kiwami 16oz Regular Straight

View attachment 2127431

View attachment 2127427

View attachment 2127429

Wow, you are just on fire there!!! Those are all truly superb picks. Well done and a nice combination of colors and textures! Thanks for sharing and I look forward to seeing them age!

-Mike

qtip.416

Reaction score
Thanks, Mike! Appreciate it and your intial post. Learned a lot from it. Shall we also call you the mayor of Oni-ville too? :)
Wow, you are just on fire there!!! Those are all truly superb picks. Well done and a nice combination of colors and textures! Thanks for sharing and I look forward to seeing them age!

-Mike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Good Afternoon @composite , I am also down in SoCal. I think that 20oz is too hot for me on the warmer days. 15oz should be doable. My bar none favorite is my 12oz Kiraku Denim. They are a nice loose weave and work year round here perfectly. I have a few pairs of them. The 15’s with the looser weave should be good.

Thanks,
Mike

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads