• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Archibald London: true craftsmanship, no middlemen, Official Vendor Thread

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Compared to Crown Northampton, which has the same construction methods (just better care and leathers), then I agree these are good value. Of course you mentioned the zero-coupon 1-year Archibald bond that buyers are forced to invest into at par!
This is indeed the true trade off. That and having to parse Rohan and Natalie's endless walls of text every time a delay happens.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look lads these shoes APPEAR to be quite nice but is it worth the hassle?

The general style / shape is adidas Stan Smiths which can be had for about $70 and which has been ripped off by every other shoe company up and down the spectrum through Johnston and Murphy, Allen-Edmonds, Loakes, Common Projects, Bally up to Italian haute houses like Cuccinelli and Kiton so you can enter in at whatever price level you want and decide if you’ve found your price / quality sweet spot, and I bet none of them would give you the runaround like this lot.

I like a brand named Koio which has a shop in the Village in NYC and an online store. Tempted to get some next time I’m in, they have standard colours and some rotating in and out too.

Good luck to all those still waiting I hope you finally get your deliveries. Anyone considering an order at this point? If ever there was an illustration needed for ‘caveat emptor’!

henrip

Reaction score
I finally got my pair but they’re a bit too small. White calfskin with tan lining and white sole, size 43. Ready to sell them for 229€ plus shipping, located in Finland. Dm me if interested. Here’s your change to buy the ticket for the cult without the almost endless waiting time 😂

Davakint

Reaction score
IMG_20231206_165926.jpg

Delivery date went from 10th of December to 15th of December today. And to my surprise my girlfriend sent me a message that a package from Archibald was delivered. Gorgeous pair of ultralights.

Now lets hope that the second pair I ordered will be delivered the 15th!

sca33

Reaction score
I've just received my pair of ultralights today. Super happy with the quality. Got a size tag and date 10/2023 on the tongue. So it looks like production started at least 2 months ago. It could be that Archibald's team could have reassured their customers about the situation to avoid this kind of feedback.

I was also considering ordering the pair of Cordovan mids once the team announced the closure of the SF sneakers line. But seeing these kind of delays was a turn off for me.

Anyway, I really hope that the company will overcome the difficulties with the production delays.

IMG_9936.jpg

kritios

Reaction score
Did anyone find a 100% coupon Christmas promotion? I swear I searched everywhere! Merry Christmas.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anyone find a 100% coupon Christmas promotion? I swear I searched everywhere! Merry Christmas.
I also searched for what I think is everywhere and found nothing. Either they are very hidden (understandable) or this is an early April Fools Joke!

Was thinking they should have provided a picture example of what to look for.

Merry Christmas all!

Reaction score
Oh man I just got my Ultralight shoes that I ordered in May 2023.

Colour: Lagoon w/Panna

I must say upon unboxing and first impresssions, extremely dissatisfied with the pigment color.
I expected a rich sophisticated navy that pairs with lots of colors.
Instead I got a very light blue pair of sneakers that look sorta cheapish (color, not craftmanship).

Attachments

• IMG_4405.jpeg
    IMG_4405.jpeg
    271.6 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_4407.jpeg
    IMG_4407.jpeg
    158.3 KB · Views: 119

Davakint

Reaction score
Oh man I just got my Ultralight shoes that I ordered in May 2023.

Colour: Lagoon w/Panna

I must say upon unboxing and first impresssions, extremely dissatisfied with the pigment color.
I expected a rich sophisticated navy that pairs with lots of colors.
Instead I got a very light blue pair of sneakers that look sorta cheapish (color, not craftmanship).
Damn, that is horrible.

My regular SF's suede also had a pretty different colour compared to the website pictures, but nowhere as bad as this...

Reaction score
Damn, that is horrible.

My regular SF's suede also had a pretty different colour compared to the website pictures, but nowhere as bad as this...
Which color suedes did you get, I also have the tan suede that are different to the website but not as much as this… considering a return or swap :/

Davakint

Reaction score
Which color suedes did you get, I also have the tan suede that are different to the website but not as much as this… considering a return or swap :/
Screenshot_20240116_203603_com.whatsapp.jpg
Screenshot_20240116_203621.jpg

Think these were called the beige versions. Didn't really mind, since I was on the fence between the beige and the mustard yellows anyway.

henrip

Reaction score
I tried to return my shoes because the size was too small. Not possible they said… thought they could help a bit since delivery was delayed for a year

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads