1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Distinguished Member

That thread is particularly stupid though.

2. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Distinguished Member

Sacai is super underrated I feel. Roden Gray also have some pretty great buys this season of Sacai and OAMC. I love Union though especially since XL's are always bought.

3. NaTionS

NaTionS Distinguished Member

Roden Gray always has some good stuff from Sacai and Kolor (another underrated brand)

4. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Distinguished Member

Anyone have any experience with Stubbs & Wootton? Contemplating buying a pair of their UK slippers to round out my black tie rig (for what black tie event I am unsure) but I was hoping someone here had some experience with the shoes themselves and whether they fit TTS, construction/if they're "well made"/etc., and if they look as good in person as online.

Thanks

5. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Underrated here you mean? They had a big installation at le Bon Marché earlier this year and seem to do very well for a niche brand.

6. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Distinguished Member

Yeah I guess so. I mean they've even got their Nike stuff so they can't be doing bad. I hits mean there aren't many stockists or much mention in North America.

7. DLester

DLester Distinguished Member

hey am I imagining things or is traffic way way down round here? we are way below our usual summer dead cat bounce. should I be posting my boring fits on instagram/tumblr now?

[​IMG]

8. Rais

Rais Senior Member

I have noticed a slowdown here too (in discourse and content) but thought it might have just been because it was summer in the Northern hemisphere. I am enjoying Tumblr but there is not much dialogue or discussion, so I don't think it is an ideal substitute. The demographic appears to be much younger as well.

9. Naka

Naka Senior Member

I've been struggling with this as well. Styfo is slower than usual this summer, SuFu is practically dead, /fa/ is shit as always, and I don't think I'll like mfa but haven't actually looked. Maybe it's a sign that users like me who don't contribute much content need to step up their game?

Tumblr is okay but I find it lacking in discussion and it falls flat as a source of inspiration when people don't provide sources for images.

I feel like the 'fashun' explosion on instagram and tumblr is attracting all of the lurkers who are passive hobbyists, and preventing them from sticking around here and becoming regular, contributing posters. There's less incentive to invest time and energy joining a community when there's a very large, regularly updated source of content that is conveniently a source of content for other hobbies or interests you may have.

This is all just speculation on my part but the deterioration of the fashion discussion boards I browse is noticeable.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015

10. nicelynice

nicelynice Distinguished Member

y'all wanna see pics of me in sandals, Rick shorts, and a bright orange t-shirt? Cuz that's all I got for this month

11. Find Finn

Find Finn Stylish Dinosaur

A lot of regular posts have gone as well, which is indirectly causing a lack of content.

12. Rais

Rais Senior Member

Yea, that too.

I am practically tethered to a PC 10 hours a day for work, and as I enjoy participating in and reading discussions as much as I do photographs, forums such as this are my preference. I know a lot of people these days who do not even own a computer and engage everything online through their smart phones.There are social media platforms that are more catered to a touch screen interface and both reading and typing lengthy discussions would be a chore for many people compared to simply tapping a "thumbs up" approval of image or video-based content. As that type of user becomes more and more of a majority perhaps places like this will have to consolidate with other communities to continue to exist.

Or maybe it's just a really hot summer up there.

13. hennree

hennree Senior Member

I dunno. I would have thought summer might stop people posting fits, but not stop visiting the forum altogether.

14. nicelynice

nicelynice Distinguished Member

btw, I dunno if anyone was paying attention during my pants crisis last week, but I ended up with these. Wide leg, high waist, drop crotch. Super comfy, just passable enough for the office when I wear it with a dress shirt. From a Japanese brand called "mando" that makes a lot of ugly stuff. I bought two pairs in different fabrics.

I'm gonna try and style my work wardrobe around this style of pant

[​IMG]

I think it looks fine casual, too:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015

15. Find Finn

Find Finn Stylish Dinosaur

Guys like Jet, In stitches etc. stopped / started posting very little long before summer.