• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Ahhhhhhh now it makes sense. Also, don't ever call me Aussie again.

Classic. Grew up with this song any time test cricket was being played. It's only now looking at it that I realise how subversive it is.

Damn bro, that’s a great song. I’ve always really liked the Boney M. version as well

When I think of 10cc though....

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not gonna lie, I'm sorta interested. Robert Geller has already proven himself to do some pretty good athleisure in the Seconds line. I want to see some of that level of design in the materials and construction methods that a big outfit specializing in stuff like that will will allow him to access.

I think Geller's Lululemon collab just reaffirms my belief that my taste in menswear is basically just being "very basic" in womenswear.

For example, my interest in workwear -- Visvim, Chimala, and RRL -- is "a woman who listens to a lot of Tori Amos and has a bleached cow skull hanging somewhere on a wall at her home. Her living room has a bookshelf full of photobooks of a colorful Cuba and longer books on Southwestern design. She somehow captures the essence of both Mamma Mia movies, but with a cowboy hat. She lights sage at home and is a retired art teacher from Santa Fe."

My interest in minimalism -- Lemaire, Deveaux, Stetphan Schenider, and Studio Nicholson -- is "a woman who wears voluminous trousers and long, flowy coats. She lives in a crisp, all-white Scandinavian apartment. Her furniture is just imported bean bags on a Beni ourain rug. She uses the phrase 'I love your energy' a lot and knows how to make fresh caprese salads."

My interest in classic tailoring -- Sartoria Formosa, Steed, and Brooks Brothers -- is "a woman who loves a sporty American man that wears tussled Italian clothes with a touch of English sophistication. She enjoys flipping through Ralph Lauren catalogs and her favorite film is Love Actually. She uses the phrase 'I'm so bad' for things that are totally normal."

My interest in Japanese clothing -- Kapital, Document, and Kaptain Sunshine -- is "an Osaka auntie who works in a well-heated office, but for some reason dresses like she's cold all the time. She wears robe coats, wide trousers, chunky scarves, and thick knitted caps. Her clothes have cat prints on them, probably resembling a cat she has at home. Sometimes she films her cat jumping into really small boxes, which she then uploads online. She likes eating buttery biscuit snacks, drinking Fauchon tea out of an expensive mug, and organizing her workspace with clear, plastic Muji desk accessories."

(This is no shade to any of these kinds of women, for I take inspiration from you).

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man Lazy Oaf is like a fun, slightly juvenile Our Legacy and I would pull the trigger on some of their clothes but it's so reasonably priced that I'm suspect of it even though a) I've seen some of the pieces in person, they're reasonable quality for what they are and b) it doesn't need to be super high quality anyway it's not like it's **** that needs to be canvas lined or have structured waistbands or whatever.

I'm literally not pulling the trigger because it's not outrageously priced. wtf is wrong with me

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

**** that's got me excited. I was thinking only yesterday it would be awesome if Lulu did some collabs. Their stuff has creeped into my closet pretty easily AND I'm a big Geller fan. I only lift three days a week but it always feels like I'm either heading to the gym or coming from the gym and Luluclothes just sort of fit the in between well. Like well I'll be at the gym in 2 hours so might as well wear these clothes now and **** are they comfy.

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My interest in minimalism -- Lemaire, Deveaux, Stetphan Schenider, and Studio Nicholson -- is "a woman who wears voluminous trousers and long, flowy coats. She lives in a crisp, all-white Scandinavian apartment. Her furniture is just imported bean bags on a Beni ourain rug.

It me. Tbh I would wear 100% Lemaire and Roucha if I was a girl. Even more tbh if Roucha made menswear I’d be all over it

cb200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depending on the day of the week it seems like each of dieworkwear's description could fit my wife's style in a way. My impression is that women can have a much more open and varied day to day style then men do.

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have little interest in workout clothing that looks good...my workout clothes are purchased entirely based on function, feeling and durability.

I think I go one step further and either avoid buying gym clothes at all (e.g. I’ll use old t shirts) or buy literally the cheapest sweatpants I can find.

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man Lazy Oaf is like a fun, slightly juvenile Our Legacy and I would pull the trigger on some of their clothes but it's so reasonably priced that I'm suspect of it even though a) I've seen some of the pieces in person, they're reasonable quality for what they are and b) it doesn't need to be super high quality anyway it's not like it's **** that needs to be canvas lined or have structured waistbands or whatever.

I'm literally not pulling the trigger because it's not outrageously priced. wtf is wrong with me

Lazy Oaf is my gf’s favourite brand (bit less lately), and I’ve bought her quite a few things over the years. But quality is seriously lacking.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am OK with Robert Geller doing literally whatever he chooses so long as it allows him to continue making clothes in some form.

Am I going to buy anything? No. I have little interest in workout clothing that looks good...my workout clothes are purchased entirely based on function, feeling and durability. But Robbie G got me into fashion, and I'd be an asshole if I did anything less than support him in whatever direction he chooses to take his talents.
I actually feel the same way. I bought the Tracksmith stuff for its function. I still run in rotten weather and want stuff that keeps me dry and warm. I wore the blue shirt with a pair of gray cotton Champion gym shorts with paint stains and bright blue Hoka running shoes. Normally I look even worse.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads