• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Panzer

Reaction score
Never knew that heavy cotton sweaters existed until Zissou's recent kop of the cotton Inverallan Allevol collab. I've been trying to buy less wool. Anyone have any leads on something that not £300 and more £150-ish? Maybe Etsy is my best bet?

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ha, I was just about to mention Saville lifted that graphic from a physics textbook. Many of his LP covers have appropriated imagery from art or other design history (not necessarily a bad thing).

It still boggles my mind that a graphic from 1979 is still being used to sell fashion.

I recently came across this book of Saville's designs which is pretty cool, has some of the source images (including the pulsar graphics). The book itself is nicely designed.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Peter-Saville-Estate-Steven-Gontarski/dp/3905701669

I dig that he was inspired by Jan Tschichold and Herbert Bayer (did part of my undergrad dissertation on them).

Incidentally I watched Ready Player One the other week and amid the other pop culture references the girl wears an Unknown Pleasures tee. The whole movie is pretty meh.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@RegisDB9, @venividivicibj - Ok folks my final update with USPS picking up UPS. The tracking number finally updated on ups website and the package will arrive on Tuesday. Package was definitely delayed as my other package to the same place (sold 2 pairs of sneakers to stockX) is arriving on Tuesday as well but i shipped it out on Friday (this time handed it to ups guy directly).

I appreciate the fact that both of you fellas knew that usps forwards to ups that definitely made me a bit more at ease. I did finally break through to USPS via call back system which took hours and i waited another 5-10 mins even after the call back. USPS did apologize and say that they do forward the packages. Although its not really a standard practice its more of a mistake for them.

TLDR: if USPS picks up your UPS package they will forward it but your ups package will be delayed.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Yeah I've seen Dean and Britta a few times and they perform galaxie 500 songs. Best time I saw them was at Maxwell's in Hoboken though (rip), as the tiny space was perfect for their set.

I also met this old couple there who were hanging out with weirdly professional recording equipment and bought them a few beers and they mailed me a DVD-R of every bit of galaxie 500 ephemera that they had collected including a whole ton of live recordings of their shows (this included dean and britta shows too) since they had been following every movement of the band and its members for years. I should try to find that again.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Listen to the Joy Divison version of Ceremony, it will blow your mind.

I might be the only one who prefers the New Order (March) version. The lack of clear Ian vocals on the Joy Division versions kind of kill it for me.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score

IMG_2483.jpg

I'm blushing

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find that those with a hefty dose of wine knowledge tend to know their way about a kitchen fairly well, at least that's been my experience. Tend to go hand in hand.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Organizing my knits into my handy new under the bed boxes gave me a chance to take inventory. Pretty heavily skewed toward Scotland.

ESK 14
Margaret Howell 7
Inverallan handknit 4
MHL 2
Scott & Charters 1
SEH Kelly 1
Inis Meain 1
John Sterner handknit 1
Frank Leder handknit 1
Kanata handknit 1
North Sea Clothing 1
RRL 1
Apolis 1

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads