• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You can hardly say that NCFOM 'Definitely launched the career of Bardem' - unless you mean the English-language career. He was already a well-known actor and had an extensive CV in Spanish-language film before that, notably Before Night Falls, Mondays in the Sun and, of course, The Sea Inside, one of the great films on the 2000s and which even Hollywood deigned to recognise with an Oscar.

yes I meant English speaking, I watched Spanish movies (and various other non English ) at that time but didn’t know Bardem until that movie.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Javier Bardem in No Country is one of the most iconic performances of the 21st century to me and the first time I saw him as well. There's something incredibly charismatic and interesting about him. He also has a certain gravitas and subtle control that few actors possess. The way he embodied his character combined with the stylization of the film and his incredible haircut is unforgettable. He was also really good in Skyfall. I need to watch some of his Spanish films.

Octobab

Reaction score
Javier Bardem in No Country is one of the most iconic performances of the 21st century to me and the first time I saw him as well. There's something incredibly charismatic and interesting about him. He also has a certain gravitas and subtle control that few actors possess. The way he embodied his character combined with the stylization of the film and his incredible haircut is unforgettable. He was also really good in Skyfall. I need to watch some of his Spanish films.

A lot of people didn't care for Mother! (2017) but I though his (and Jlo's) performance was incredibly impressive. The whole film pivoted around him playing a very strained and complex role, and he felt utterly natural in it. Can't recommend enough if it went under anyone's radar.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion: @OccultaVexillum has a robust wardrobe full of luxe minimalist gear that would go very nicely with The Row overshirt. If it's exactly what he's looking, why not go for it?

I think is a v popular opinion with people who know what OV dresses like

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

agreed on his performance, I wasn’t as big of a fan of skyfall as spectre but overall all Daniel Craig bond films were quite good.

Spehsmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just watched a couple 90s docs on Japanese architects (Ando and Kurokawa) and was really struck by how interesting and weird their tailoring was. Frequent use of aggressively egg-shaped silhouettes, often in just black, white, and gray, with lots of weird shirt plackets and collars. The overall look is hard to pin down—like a mix of that era’s salaryman look, Margiela-esque modern spins on tailoring, frumpy public defenders, and ayatollahs (lots of band collar shirts). I’ve had a hard time finding pictures online, but perhaps @dieworkwear, or someone with similar photo-digging skills, might some day make a good post of it.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There will be blood had an amazing performance from Daniel Day Lewis but I did not like the overall movie that much. His performance is what saved it for me.
DD Lewis is a generationally talented actor. I think he has an almost unparalleled range and ability to become different people convincingly, but I also don't actually enjoy some of the actual movies he's in as much as I hoped. I liked There Will Be Blood because it's such an engrossing performance and the movie is so beautifully shot, but it's not as fun a watch as something like Gangs of NY or Last of the Mohicans. Phantom Thread he was amazing in again as a completely different person but I did not care for the movie at all.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of people didn't care for Mother! (2017) but I though his (and Jlo's) performance was incredibly impressive. The whole film pivoted around him playing a very strained and complex role, and he felt utterly natural in it. Can't recommend enough if it went under anyone's radar.

great recommend will watch. i just re-watched Black Swan a couple of nights ago and it was way better than i remember.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DD Lewis is a generationally talented actor. I think he has an almost unparalleled range and ability to become different people convincingly, but I also don't actually enjoy some of the actual movies he's in as much as I hoped. I liked There Will Be Blood because it's such an engrossing performance and the movie is so beautifully shot, but it's not as fun a watch as something like Gangs of NY or Last of the Mohicans. Phantom Thread he was amazing in again as a completely different person but I did not care for the movie at all.
Phantom Thread was outstanding. I suspect that the only reason DD Lewis didn’t win the Oscar was because his character was quite despicable.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i don’t think that was jlo in mother! (2017)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads