• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I’m going to try my hand with some Santiago Celines which would be my only Chelseas

66FAE4B5-47C0-48E1-8C7C-7C5C00C5764B.jpeg

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of suede SLP Chelsea’s from a handful of years back that are great... except the first time I wore them I got brisket fat drippings on them. Was very sad until I cleaned them, treated them, and gave fewer ***** about them. Now they’re great

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
I have a pair of suede SLP Chelsea’s from a handful of years back that are great... except the first time I wore them I got brisket fat drippings on them. Was very sad until I cleaned them, treated them, and gave fewer ***** about them. Now they’re great

sometimes you give a cow a taste of their own flesh and they're left unable to escape the temptations of cannibalism

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curious what everyone's favorite Chelsea boots are???
I’m going to try my hand with some Santiago Celines which would be my only Chelseas

View attachment 1588109

The go-to Chelsea to pair with skinny black denim was/is Saint Laurent, due to Hedi introducing this look (although derivative). The degree of exaggeratedness is in relation to how high a heel you choose, as well as whether you're going for harness or chain ornamentation. Below is a plain Wyatt with either 30mm or 40mm heel.

1617721241311.png

When Hedi went over to Celine, he came out with a different chelsea design (a few, in fact). The Drugstore appear to be a similar almond toe to the SLP Wyatt. The pair I have (below) are more pointed and western, in my opinion. The Carmague are western with some additional detailing.

1617721680368.png

On the comfort-side of things, Kanye made Bottega Veneta Voortrekking boots popular and with it drove the popularity of Common Projects as an alternative. Personally, I find the Bottegas to be rather round-toed, while the CPs are sleeker.

1617722014981.png

From there you get into all the knock-offs of the above, and unless you are going for traditional dress chelseas or workboot style, a la RM Williams, Blundstone or John Lofgren. There also these RRL chelseas, which are somewhere in between.

1617731712079.png

I'd say if you are wanting to wear with skinny jeans, go SLP/Celine/CP/knockoff. If you are into looser fits, you probably want something rounder or workboot-ish.

Or just get sidezips.

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like RM Williams for traditional outfits, and then Blundstones for workwear.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
which RM William, comfort craftsman seems pretty casual?

Spehsmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saint Laurent boots, having brisket and a brewski in the sun, with “a buddy of mine.” Peaches and cream.

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every season I get increasingly anxious over how expensive knitwear is getting. I love a good knit, and I know inflation is a thing, but $400+ cotton sweaters are still hard to wrap my head around, and they're becoming increasingly common.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
$400+ cotton sweater, well good thing I don't like knitwear in general...

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I kinda associate suede with colder climates tbh but I don't really follow my own impressions as I have a pair of cowboy boots in the same suede colour everyone has and well, cowboy boots don't exactly scream northern climes.

Hey if the guys in 100+ dry heat in Arizona and Texas can do it

I was blessed with non-sweaty feet (wasn’t so lucky with the pits, hello Malin+Goetz) so Ive worn my boots san socks for over a decade now. Suede feels a lot nicer in heat in my opinion just cause it’s more pliable

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
idk canada and cowboy boots seem like a pretty easy association

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads