• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also think that when my lady looked at me and said “huh I knew a friend of my grandmas who had those exact frames” kind of killed the hype for me hahaha
Always funny how the brand or material or hype blinds you to certain realities. Two of my favorites: I got a Cloak work shirt that I was stoked on, wore it out to a party and three separate people asked about my "Chef Uniform". Another was a pair of green silk trousers, my good buddy saw me and the first thing he said was "cool nurse pants". Needless to say once seen these comparisons cant be unseen.
i-img900x1200-1589196607wknho2216846.jpg

Whats the story with those Levis? Is it just an MMM tag someone added to regular levi's or are these reworked in some way?

Last edited:

motosacto

Reaction score
I carry less stuff than ever, and I was just a keys and wallet guy before. Now I have to remember to find my wallet when I’m heading out to a store.

especially true for me working from home. Weird how quickly I got used to not carrying wallet or keys...

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whats the story with those Levis? Is it just an MMM tag someone added to regular levi's or are these reworked in some way?

They reconstructed the price tag.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Always funny how the brand or material or hype blinds you to certain realities. Two of my favorites: I got a Cloak work shirt that I was stoked on, wore it out to a party and three separate people asked about my "Chef Uniform". Another was a pair of green silk trousers, my good buddy saw me and the first thing he said was "cool nurse pants". Needless to say once seen these comparisons cant be unseen.

Haha man looks like someone took a pair of regular levis and added a new margiela tag to it to pass it off as artisanal. I mean they chose a recent margiela tag for one with a “made in Portugal” tab. Artisanal pieces don’t have that and of course are marked 0-10 and made in France. If I were to try to dupe some one like that I’d at least remove all levis related tags, remove the made in Portugal tab and circle the 0 with a sharpie

Gotta say though they did a decent job with the back stitches

I’ve come across fake Margiela before but this one was on another level.....Martin would be proud I guess since technically the guy did make his own artisanal piece haha

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another detail would be instead of a care tag sharpie an 'M' on the inside lining.

I've run into some really sloppy fakes with number tags in usually the wrong font and size. It just seems like there can't be any money in faking MMM stuff, just throw on a repeating LV or Guicci and call it a day...

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I were to try to dupe some one like that I’d at least remove all levis related tags, remove the made in Portugal tab and circle the 0 with a sharpie

Regis x Margiela x The Actual Black Market

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Another detail would be instead of a care tag sharpie an 'M' on the inside lining.

I've run into some really sloppy fakes with number tags in usually the wrong font and size. It just seems like there can't be any money in faking MMM stuff, just throw on a repeating LV or Guicci and call it a day...

Exactly I had no idea there was even market for fake margiela

....hey bro I uhhhh do you have some old levis laying around? I have a business proposition......

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every time I see that word in a product description I wonder whether the writer knows what it means or if they were just blinded by its Frenchness.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads