• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I got a replacement for me old broken pair of Cutler and Gross glasses. I'd looked for a new pair of these for years, and never saw anything online. I called the local C&J store to see if they had any ideas, it turns out they regularly stock old stock of discontinued frames - they had my pair on hand. I used the old ones as optical frames, I'm going to keep this pair original as sunglasses.

IMG_0537.jpg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score
I love Steve Nash, we went to the same college, but those shoes are really bad.
But like, if you had to guess who would rep that brand, it would be like “yeah, makes sense.”

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Every time I see that word in a product description I wonder whether the writer knows what it means or if they were just blinded by its Frenchness.
I see the English definition is pretty much disreputable in a rakish way and that''s what they want to convey, no? I'll easily grant you it is a fucking tired clothing description trope and it never works anyway, no one becomes the "louche" dude of their seedy dreams by buying a designer leather jacket. In french though and especially colloquial french it just means the person or situation seems not ok, a girl might typically use it to convey a dude has rapey vibes so well, lolz.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right?

2010. Not anymore unfortunately, moved to Pittsburgh about 3 years ago.
I graduated 2005 so we wouldn't have been there at the same time. SCU still asks me for donations every year, I can't even afford to buy a house in the area.

troika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I graduated 2005 so we wouldn't have been there at the same time. SCU still asks me for donations every year, I can't even afford to buy a house in the area.
Ah gotchya. It's a wonderful campus, amazing place. Terrible fashion sense. Do you still live around there at all?

They call me all the time, and I can't justify it until I pay off my student loans...

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah gotchya. It's a wonderful campus, amazing place. Terrible fashion sense. Do you still live around there at all?

They call me all the time, and I can't justify it until I pay off my student loans...
Yea I totally agree. You started right when the new library was built. I live a few miles from Levi's stadium.

Yea I still get calls/mail for donations. I feel you on the loans. I donated a little but won't again until I buy a house/have a lot saved.

If you're ever in the area after this whole covid situation clears up and want to grab a drink PM me. Although I might not be able to having a toddler.

@gettoasty people are less inclined to donate when loans/tuition is so expensive. I had $130k in loans for tuition only (I lived with my parents) that took me over a decade to pay off. I heard tuition now is $50k or $60k a year now.

troika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea I totally agree. You started right when the new library was built. I live a few miles from Levi's stadium.

Yea I still get calls/mail for donations. I feel you on the loans. I donated a little but won't again until I buy a house/have a lot saved.

If you're ever in the area after this whole covid situation clears up and want to grab a drink PM me. Although I might not be able to having a toddler.

@gettoasty people are less inclined to donate when loans/tuition is so expensive. I had $130k in loans for tuition only (I lived with my parents) that took me over a decade to pay off. I heard tuition now is $50k or $60k a year now.
Absolutely man, my whole family lives in Sunnyvale, I grew up there. I'm trying to figure out how to get my ass back there right now, do a little wfh from CA.

@gettoasty if you can afford a fridge, you can donate to an elite private institution

tumblr_lq5o2fjUgB1qz82gvo1_1280.jpg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.