• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Folks wondering what music subscription services people go with these days. I am trying out Apple Music then Spotify to see.

Seems like I can’t go wrong with my sonos for having either but my lean is to Spotify atm.

Spotify by a margin

Nbarbar

Reaction score
This is actually just what I’m after, was it an eBay find?

Old habits die hard. I carry a Camel Bak usually but will switch to an assault pack when I need to carry outerwear, rain gear or just more stuff. Prefer cargo pockets for easy sunglasses, eyeglasses, cell phone and trail mix access.

Amusingly my assault pack is the only piece of military gear I ever use anymore. Used it for years!

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
apple music is nice because there are lyrics for nearly everything but spotify is leagues ahead in terms of what they do for you. i'd pay extra for their end of year wrap up that they give you of the 100 most played songs throughout the year.

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ If you care about that sort of thing, fire up a last.fm and link it to your Spotify. Gives you full analytics.

One more vote for Spotify here. Most valuable $10/mo I spend.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
wait for real? @Callusing good to know. I end up listening to something heavily, forget about it when a new album comes out or something and it leaves my recently played. then i'll happen upon it again at the end of the year due to the playlist. love it

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Folks wondering what music subscription services people go with these days. I am trying out Apple Music then Spotify to see.

Seems like I can’t go wrong with my sonos for having either but my lean is to Spotify atm.

Team Apple Music here. I did a trial on both before choosing.

For better or for worse, for me Apple Music's integration into iDevices is invaluable. I also like that their playlists are shorter and more digestible.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is actually just what I’m after, was it an eBay find?
Nah, Army issue. Carried it for years. Just look up MOLLE system and you’ll find a version of it for sale.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any recs for shops in Cincinnati?

Not much iirc, article menswear closed recently, not sure what took its place. Idlewild for some cool womenswear

Other notables are Deeper roots coffee, the Rhined cheese shop, the eagle OTR restaurant, and krohn botanical gardens.

kevenmee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have spotify family and have no complaints, but I'm not terribly picky. Will swap between spotify, radio and youtube for all my listening needs.

Know there was a pretty lively discussion regarding carry-ons a few days ago, but any recommendation for duffle/weekend bags? Will be traveling with it pretty frequently, so want something that won't get absolutely beat up.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Spotify by a margin
apple music is nice because there are lyrics for nearly everything but spotify is leagues ahead in terms of what they do for you. i'd pay extra for their end of year wrap up that they give you of the 100 most played songs throughout the year.
^ If you care about that sort of thing, fire up a last.fm and link it to your Spotify. Gives you full analytics.

One more vote for Spotify here. Most valuable $10/mo I spend.
wait for real? @Callusing good to know. I end up listening to something heavily, forget about it when a new album comes out or something and it leaves my recently played. then i'll happen upon it again at the end of the year due to the playlist. love it
Team Apple Music here. I did a trial on both before choosing.

For better or for worse, for me Apple Music's integration into iDevices is invaluable. I also like that their playlists are shorter and more digestible.
Have spotify family and have no complaints, but I'm not terribly picky. Will swap between spotify, radio and youtube for all my listening needs.

Know there was a pretty lively discussion regarding carry-ons a few days ago, but any recommendation for duffle/weekend bags? Will be traveling with it pretty frequently, so want something that won't get absolutely beat up.

Thanks everyone. I am trying Apple Music atm because there is a podcast by Lars from Metallica which interviewed Jerry Cantrell (Alice In Chains, i’m a big fan) that I wanted to hear but the user interface for sonos sucks and going through iTunes is a general pain ever since I’ve owned an iPod back in 2ks.

I do use Spotify at work all the time to listen while I code or plug my ears so folks don’t bother me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads