• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is far too logical. If you are a regular on SF, you have way too much stuff and, in most cases, are always grappling with where to put it. It never ends.

Probably true for most except the NYC guys, we always keep selling...

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For the streetwear enthusiasts, Nomad in Toronto is closing their doors after 13 years in business.

Which of the Canadian shops is the one is the one started by independently wealthy people?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the streetwear enthusiasts, Nomad in Toronto is closing their doors after 13 years in business.
Man, that's an institution that grew up with the forums. I remember my first trip I went there to show some tees for an independent designer. They were completely uninterested in that, but they liked my jacket.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Truly sucks. Wonder what did them in?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Now perhaps this is just my opinion as a seller, but I also think the Y!J bidding system (with the automatic extension feature) is far superior to eBay's and would be the best option to reach prices that would satisfy both sellers and buyers. From my own observations things on Y!J that actually generate interest seem to move the fastest and for the most agreeable price. As mentioned previously, buyers almost overestimate the value of the brands and labels they're interested in so why not let them decide the price?

how does that system work, bid with reserve if doesn't hit reserve automatic extend? That's trading liquidity a bit no? I have no issue selling $100 less if I can move now vs. this infinite waiting for the lucky buyer thing...

motosacto

Reaction score
AW18 must have accessory, your own head

_GUC0097.jpg
Surely this is the creepiest sartorial image of the week?

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how does that system work, bid with reserve if doesn't hit reserve automatic extend? That's trading liquidity a bit no? I have no issue selling $100 less if I can move now vs. this infinite waiting for the lucky buyer thing...
It makes it so you can't snipe auctions. Last second bids extend the auction duration.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Cold as **** lately mayne.

Enexde96

Reaction score
Very interesting idea, deterministically 1 sec? IE can I still snipe 1.1 sec prior (programmatically of course)

No. Any bid (that's higher than the current bid) whatsoever made within the last 5 minutes will extend the duration by another 5 minutes. It even extends regardless of the highest bidder max bid as well. Say for example the current bid for an item is 5000 yen and the person with highest bid is in for 30,000 yen. If someone else were to bid the next highest increment (7500 yen) it would still extend the auction and the system would also automatically use the max bid (30,00 yen) to bid the next highest increment (9000 yen). This goes on until the current bid stays without any higher bids for 5 minutes.

In that sense it has a max bid system just like Ebay, but also with the auto extension to better facilitate bidding wars. I hope that explains it a little better.

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads