• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
As a person who hates laces (hate sneakers etc) and whose lady is sick and tired of saying “omg the same boots again???” These hybrid GATs Espadrille have really come through for me. My single most versatile pair of shoes (to make my lady happy) this last year
E6B83FCB-EB90-4092-8D2D-3049E7350942.jpeg

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Neat approach to materials and craftsmanship from Loewe, I wish brands like Hermès (what else is there?) would lean that way a bit instead of showing crocodile puffers or whatever (I feel like Lemaire at least did some very opulent felted outerwear in womenswear). Where's the mystery, where's the dream?

Copper sheet coat has raglan sleeves, no problem

View attachment 1901199 View attachment 1901201 View attachment 1901211 View attachment 1901219 View attachment 1901221 View attachment 1901223 View attachment 1901225 View attachment 1901229

Loewe is so good. And so aspirational.

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JWA/Loewe has been on a roll for a long time now. ther random fashion thought, hope Daniel Lee can get Burberry out of the ditch that Tisci drove it to.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JWA/Loewe has been on a roll for a long time now. ther random fashion thought, hope Daniel Lee can get Burberry out of the ditch that Tisci drove it to.
Loewe under Daniel Lee is so good.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loewe is so good. And so aspirational.
Idk what it is exactly but there's a knack for making 'objects', covetable and material, the choice of fabrics, textures, colors,... I've been tempted several times to buy some things even though they hardly fit with the way I dress etc, and then there's other stuff I don't connect at all with. Only brand that does this to me.

Just skimmed the Burb show, looks a bit all over the place no? Some of it reminds me of Kiko or the Mackintosh 001 stuff for some reason, idk. So many collection/show looking completely incohesive nowadays, and too long. A kind of compulsion to exhaustivity for lack of clear vision, moodboard stuff.

Bode is turning into a nicer Gucci than Gucci, everyone has done the quilt/patchwork stuff for ever (at least it's not boro...), the direction feels closer to couture-lite versions of thrift items/goofy costumes.

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just skimmed the Burb show, looks a bit all over the place no? Some of it reminds me of Kiko or the Mackintosh 001 stuff for some reason,
Watched the show yesterday and yeah, there wasn't any kind of 'thread' going through it, still, fingers crossed.

hobojones

Reaction score
Do any of the japanese denim makers make a decent worn/washed version of their denim? I know orslow, warehouse, and fullcount do and fullcount dartford wash are my current frontrunners, just wanted to see if there were other options out there. I’ve basically come full circle but I don’t want to put in the work in wearing samurais again lol.

jmiller123

Reaction score
Do any of the japanese denim makers make a decent worn/washed version of their denim? I know orslow, warehouse, and fullcount do and fullcount dartford wash are my current frontrunners, just wanted to see if there were other options out there. I’ve basically come full circle but I don’t want to put in the work in wearing samurais again lol.
BB738192-3C5C-4019-A495-355D450E3379.jpeg
2FC6AA2E-F03E-4F28-929C-666A644FCA2B.jpeg

I've had experience with both Fullcount & Warehouse washed denim. Honestly can't go wrong with either. Above is my pair of warehouse 800xx used wash and I think they are seriously authentic looking in person. I'd also check out studio d'artisan as seen below (available at Blue Owl)

Screen Shot 2023-02-23 at 5.10.41 PM.png

hobojones

Reaction score
Thanks man, the warehouses look great! They’re pretty much sold out everywhere though hence fullcount seems like my best bet since they’re in stock from their online store (but $410 is a little steep tbh).

The SDA’s are nice but I think the thigh fading is a bit too much. The folks at blue owl told me they’re gonna release more faded denim options from SDA and oni? later this year, but I’m probably not patient enough. Just wanted to make sure I looked at all my options before pulling the trigger on fullcounts!

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ This year I'm trying the open shirt collar and foulard tie (only with suits)

And I mean foulard as a tie, not a CM foulard tie

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchaslimprix