• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How cold does it get for you guys (or I guess no inside heating?).

I wear heattec undershirt but no way wearing those leggings thing unless I want to sweat non stop (indoor wise) and my commute includes 15 minutes walking -5C ish to at most -15C (rare for nyc). I find any normal pants would do even at -20C walking for a hour straight (up state NY)

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I have Patagonia polypro underwear that’s 20+ years old. It’s held up well because I always hang dry.

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sensitive. No problem here being too warm indoors with leggings. Wearing them in my apartment right now with a t-shirt. Heattech top indoors I can't easily take off is a different story.

@Benesyed good call on hang dry. Right now I live in a tiny lofted bedroom so not easily doable, when I had a more spacious place I hung dry everything.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sensitive. No problem here being too warm indoors with leggings. Wearing them in my apartment right now with a t-shirt. Heattech top indoors I can't easily take off is a different story.

@Benesyed good call on hang dry. Right now I live in a tiny lofted bedroom so not easily doable, when I had a more spacious place I hung dry everything.
I have 2 foldable racks. I use those.

Coldsnap

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@gettoasty How cold does it have to get to wear the extra warm ones?

I was born in Florida so anytime it gets in the 50s I'm freezing. I'll be in like three layers if it's in the 40s.

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear the regular warmth offerings down to 30 degrees before it starts getting uncomfortable.

surrender

Reaction score
I'm in a small apartment and I hang-dry literally all of my clothes on a foldable rack or wood hangers. Only stuff that goes in the dryer are towels and bed linens

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anyone have any examples of good Sukajan/Japanese Souvenir Jacket fits? Not so much of the more modern streetwear versions, but more the vintage and Toyo Tailor heritage styles.

This RRL jacket and fit from Statement Store is pretty good, but most fits I find look kinda dad-like. I'm having trouble finding people whose outfits are better for having worn one.
Not necessarily a good fit example, but I thought of this. kinda late 70s douchey look. Texas graphic tee and corduroys. pair with Wallabees.

52200b2a016f7659b25924fa2cfd39bf.jpg

hendrix

Ill-proportioned
Reaction score
I'm in a small apartment and I hang-dry literally all of my clothes on a foldable rack or wood hangers. Only stuff that goes in the dryer are towels and bed linens

only one year in my adult life did I own a dryer.

not that hard to hang dry.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hang dry is a good thing but what if you leave things overnight? Aren’t there things crawling all over your garments that a quick 5-10 minute warm dryer will rid of.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.