• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How cold does it get for you guys (or I guess no inside heating?).

I wear heattec undershirt but no way wearing those leggings thing unless I want to sweat non stop (indoor wise) and my commute includes 15 minutes walking -5C ish to at most -15C (rare for nyc). I find any normal pants would do even at -20C walking for a hour straight (up state NY)

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I have Patagonia polypro underwear that’s 20+ years old. It’s held up well because I always hang dry.

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sensitive. No problem here being too warm indoors with leggings. Wearing them in my apartment right now with a t-shirt. Heattech top indoors I can't easily take off is a different story.

@Benesyed good call on hang dry. Right now I live in a tiny lofted bedroom so not easily doable, when I had a more spacious place I hung dry everything.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sensitive. No problem here being too warm indoors with leggings. Wearing them in my apartment right now with a t-shirt. Heattech top indoors I can't easily take off is a different story.

@Benesyed good call on hang dry. Right now I live in a tiny lofted bedroom so not easily doable, when I had a more spacious place I hung dry everything.

I have 2 foldable racks. I use those.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@gettoasty How cold does it have to get to wear the extra warm ones?

I was born in Florida so anytime it gets in the 50s I'm freezing. I'll be in like three layers if it's in the 40s.

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear the regular warmth offerings down to 30 degrees before it starts getting uncomfortable.

surrender

Reaction score
I'm in a small apartment and I hang-dry literally all of my clothes on a foldable rack or wood hangers. Only stuff that goes in the dryer are towels and bed linens

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anyone have any examples of good Sukajan/Japanese Souvenir Jacket fits? Not so much of the more modern streetwear versions, but more the vintage and Toyo Tailor heritage styles.

This RRL jacket and fit from Statement Store is pretty good, but most fits I find look kinda dad-like. I'm having trouble finding people whose outfits are better for having worn one.

Not necessarily a good fit example, but I thought of this. kinda late 70s douchey look. Texas graphic tee and corduroys. pair with Wallabees.

52200b2a016f7659b25924fa2cfd39bf.jpg

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hang dry is a good thing but what if you leave things overnight? Aren’t there things crawling all over your garments that a quick 5-10 minute warm dryer will rid of.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Hang dry is a good thing but what if you leave things overnight? Aren’t there things crawling all over your garments that a quick 5-10 minute warm dryer will rid of.

Seriously?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads