• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

javy

Reaction score
anyone know who carries (current) ffixxed besides lanecrawford?

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I regret to inform you that in light of the terrible rolled and cropped pants seen over here, SW&D has lost any moral high ground in this domain
The timeless SWD selfie should hide the pants?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thought I’d ask here too since this thread may get more traffic,

Any bespoke tailors in the Philippines? Asking for a friend leaving tonight..

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thought I’d ask here too since this thread may get more traffic,

Any bespoke tailors in the Philippines? Asking for a friend leaving tonight..
There's a guy in the Philipines who writes about bespoke clothing. He may be able to direct your friend. His name is Kevin.

Alexidb

Reaction score
0A7C60C9-27C1-4B15-A9E1-F39CE6AA2078.jpeg

I was thinking white trousers to pair with this overshirt/shirt jacket. Any other colours that would seem appropriate?

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Sashiko. And a pair of wooden sandals.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are peoples experience with bags in the 'helmet bag' style?

Specifically as a carry-on (for when I check a suitcase and don't want a trolley style carry-on)?

Was looking at this from Nemen x Master-Piece:

1582382476359.png

Thoughts on this bag (and the intended use)?

d4nimal

Reaction score
Anyone have any examples of good Sukajan/Japanese Souvenir Jacket fits? Not so much of the more modern streetwear versions, but more the vintage and Toyo Tailor heritage styles.

This RRL jacket and fit from Statement Store is pretty good, but most fits I find look kinda dad-like. I'm having trouble finding people whose outfits are better for having worn one.

doublerl-rrl-ralphlauren-souvenir-jacket-statement-statementstore-munich-a.jpg

doublerl-rrl-ralphlauren-souvenir-jacket-statement-statementstore-munich-b.jpg

doublerl-rrl-ralphlauren-souvenir-jacket-statement-statementstore-munich-g.jpg

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, yesterday I went to a store that carries JMM and I tried them on. Holy hell, I have never tried any glasses that looks worse on me (I have a narrow face which doesn’t help). Regis looks so fly and I look like a try hard and I’m pretty sad about it.

Conversely, tried on a pair of vintage NOS aviators from the 50s that looked pretty sweet. Really expensive though. (Are vintage NOS frames expensive, period?).
Went to the JMM pop up in NYC. Tried the Bouregards but they looked not so good on me. Then I tried on their Bandit model that comes out next month and I'm in. Slightly alterlered version of the Reynolds style. Put myself on the list for a pair. Thanks @RegisDB9 you should get a referall fee.
IMG_20200222_154411.jpg

They also gave me a cool lens cleaner sprayer and their catalogue is printed like a newspaper which is dope.
IMG_20200222_164302.jpg

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.